Good morning everyone! The M’s are on a roll and I’m just going to not choose to get skeptical about it because you know what? Nobody can take the 33 wins away from them. Sure, they’ll probably get wrecked when they have to play the Angels, Yankees, and Red Sox (twice) in the span of two weeks, but we won’t worry about that now. Instead let’s just take a look at these lovely links.
In Mariners news...
- Looks like we should see Jean today.
Servais says Segura should be fine to start tomorrow, so reinforcements on the way.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) May 28, 2018
- Everything is looking up Mariners!
Kyle Lewis blasts a monster 3-run HR! 10-3 Nuts in the 4th. My goodness it was destroyed.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) May 29, 2018
Kyle Lewis does it again! 2-run HR to CF for his 2nd HR of the game! 12-7 Nuts.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) May 29, 2018
- In case you didn’t notice, it looks like Kyle Seager and Denard Span have removed/changed their unique facial hair.
- Give me a healthy Hisashi.
Hisashi Iwakuma will throw a live BP on Tuesday. The special assistant to the chairman will possibly hit against him.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) May 28, 2018
- In case you missed it, the Twins claimed Taylor Motter off waivers from the Mariners.
- M’s relief prospect Seth Elledge was named to the MLB Pipeline Team of the Week.
Around the league...
- The Mets’ Twitter account has no chill.
- The Mariners still aren’t getting any national respect as they’re somehow only 10th on ESPN’s Power Rankings.
- Iván Rodríguez’s son Dereck is going to be making his MLB debut with the Giants this week.
- Bryce Harper is from the Las Vegas area but works in Washington, D.C. This puts him in a tricky spot when it comes to the NHL Stanley Cup final, but Harper says he’s rooting for his hometown team — which didn’t even exist when Harper was growing up.
- The Padres have acquired right-hander Phil Hughes.
- It looks like the Braves dodged a bullet as the team learned Ronald Acuña has just a mild ACL sprain. He will still go on the disabled list.
- Josh Donaldson got hurt in yesterday’s game. Whitney McIntosh says it’s the perfect time for the Blue Jays to call up Vladimir Guerrero, Jr.