Good morning everyone everyone! I’d like to take this Memorial Day to remember all of those who have died in service and thank them for all that they sacrificed for this country.
I don’t know how you’re choosing to observe, but I will personally be headed to the Mariners game for the first time this summer. It might also be Denard Span Day...at least I hope. I’ve been waiting two days to see that beautiful gray-bearded man in teal and I will not have this kept from me any longer!
Alright, here are those links you asked for.
In Mariners news...
- Well it looks like the Mariners finally caught a break in the injury department.
Servais said Segura won’t need to go on the DL for a concussion. Segura will workout tomorrow and possibly be in the lineup— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) May 27, 2018
- Greg Johns provides a quick overview of what he expects the M’s to do at the draft this year.
Around the league...
- The Angels appear to have dodged an injury bullet as well.
Justin Upton left the game with a left forearm contusion (HBP in 4th inning). He played 2 innings after he was hit. X-rays were negative. #Angels— Jeff Fletcher (@JeffFletcherOCR) May 27, 2018
- The Bartender is living large without us.
Wow! What a treat. Private tour of @surlybrewing with a couple of my @stpaulsaints teammates and Yeardley Smith (voice of Lisa Simpson)! Thank you for the great brews we had, all the Surly gear you sent us home with and a great burger! Your hospitality was second to none. I’ll be back! #surlybrewing #toddtheaxeman #furious #stpaulsaints #thesimpsons #letskeepitwild
- This is an older piece, but DRaysBay tried to figure out what was giving Alex Colomé so much trouble this season.
- Well this doesn’t sound good!
Dear couple that clearly broke up while standing near our bullpen in the 5th inning today,— John Axford (@JohnAxford) May 26, 2018
Lovely entertainment for a few minutes, but we hope you’re ok. Feel free to come back tomorrow and discuss with us. We can provide the third party point of view!
The Jays bullpen!
- I missed this early last week, but Cody Martin has cropped up with a new team.
The #Mets have signed former major league pitcher Cody Martin to a minor league contract. Martin had been with the independent Kansas City T-Bones after pitching in 35 games for the Mariners, Athletics, and Braves over the past three seasons.— Jacob Resnick (@Jacob_Resnick) May 21, 2018
- So this trade is neat and all but the neater thing is that you can apparently trade that draft pick since it was given as compensation for a signed free agent.
- Patrick Karraker at MLB Daily Dish spitballs some ideas to make the draft more exciting for fans.
- Meanwhile, Matt Powers gives you the best names you’re likely to see coming out of the draft.
- Clayton Kershaw will make his long-awaited return to the Dodgers starting rotation this week.
- There were a couple of important injuries around baseball yesterday as Mookie Betts is dealing with side tightness while Ronald Acuña seemed to hurt his leg pretty badly while hitting.
- Jose Altuve has been on fire lately. The second basemen recorded hits in 10 straight plate appearances.
- This whole Twitter account is great, but I think this takes the cake.