Well, the bad news is that things look grim. It’s times like this that it’s so easy to see everything falling apart. Honestly, everything is falling apart. The good news is that it’s Friday. The other bad news is that in less than 24 hours, it won’t be Friday any longer. The other good news is that it will then be Saturday! Unfortunately, there’s more bad news still to come: within 48 hours of that, it’ll be Monday again. Yikes.
Distract yourself from the repetition of modern life by absorbing the knowledge contained in these previously-unreleased links!
In Mariners News...
- It looks like Nelson Cruz could be ready to go as soon as tonight, and if not then, then tomorrow night.
Nelson Cruz has made great progress with the bruised foot. Barely any swelling. Should be ready to go in a day or two, could possibly be available to pinch hit tonight.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) May 17, 2018
- Just in case you didn’t see this joy yesterday...
Happy sight as Leonys Martin makes his way around the outfield and over the Mariners dugout during early work to give hugs to absolutely everybody.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) May 17, 2018
- He’s baa-aaack!
Yippie! Back to work at Safeco Field, exactly a month after surgery. Starting slowly, doing the first three innings on TV today, Saturday and Sunday; radio Friday, innings two through four. All for the four-game series with Detroit. Go Mariners! pic.twitter.com/cYoCdaBOtF— Dave Sims (@TheDaveSimsShow) May 17, 2018
- Mike Marjama took some blame for Roenis Elias’ struggles yesterday.
Vegas score LF 7 of its 8 runs between the 3rd and 5th innings. Roenis Elias was touched up for 5 runs (4 earned) in 3.2 innings. Mike Marjama caught the game, and takes the blame in @RainiersLand 8-3 loss. pic.twitter.com/CY1KfpuWS1— Chris Swanson (@SwansonKIRO7) May 18, 2018
Around the League...
- Angels closer Keynan Middleton is officially slated to have Tommy John surgery, and will miss the rest of this year, and probably most of next.
- The Cardinals have placed Adam Wainwright on the 60-day DL, and it’s honestly hard to see him coming back from this one.
- Ex-Mariners prospect J.P. Sears is having quite the year in the Yankees’ system.
- A’s pitcher Andrew Triggs exited Thursday’s game with forearm discomfort.
- Scientists have managed to transfer a memory from one snail to another snail.
- This is a corgi named Tofu, and she is Good.