Good morning everyone! Yesterday the M’s scraped by in a 1-0 win against the Twins. The M’s are apparently getting into Seattle this morning at an ungodly hour, so hopefully they’ll be rested enough for tonight’s game against the Rangers. Here are some links to keep you occupied while you await the series opener.
In Mariners news...
- Here are Scott Servais’ thoughts on the prospect of moving Dee Gordon back to second base.
- Here are some minor league transactions from the system.
Some movement in the system on Monday.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) May 15, 2018
3B/OF Logan Taylor to Arkansas from Modesto.
3B Seth Mejias-Brean to Tacoma from Arkansas.
OF Jansiel Rivera assigned to Modesto from Extended Spring Training.
IF Zach Shank retires from baseball.
- Jay Jaffe at Fangraphs wonders how much the Robinson Canó injury will impact the M’s playoff chances.
- James Paxton was named co-AL Player of the Week.
Around the league...
- Vladimir Guerrero, Jr., baseball’s top prospect, took advantage of the hype surrounding him and tricked everyone into thinking he was being called up.
- Minor League Baseball has launched a new program to make baseball more accessible to diverse audiences.
- International prospects aren’t doomed if they don’t sign a contract when they’re 16, writes Matt Eddy at Baseball America.
- It’s gotta be 1988, right?
- This will be interesting to see when he gets called up.
.@Twins No. 6 prospect, RHP Brusdal Graterol, is consistently hitting 100 MPH on the radar gun. His delivery is almost identical to that of Felix Hernandez— Logan Ratick (@Logan_Ratick) May 14, 2018
- It looks like the Angels’ closer could be in some trouble.
Keynan Middleton underwent an MRI that revealed damage to his UCL. He’s going to get a second opinion.— Maria I. Guardado (@mi_guardado) May 14, 2018