Good morning folks and happy May! It’s getting into those summer months now which means we’re in complete baseball mode. Stats will start to mean something and teams’ records will start solidifying into who’s really good and who’s not. The M’s open a series against the A’s tonight, so here are some links to get you through the day.
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic gave a brief assessment of the Mariners’ season so far. ($)
- The Mariners were the Bullpen of the Week on MLB.com.
- Something wild is going on in Double-A Arkansas.
- Robinson Cano seems pretty confident in the M’s lineup.
Around the league...
- Awful and surprising news.
Corey Seager will undergo Tommy John surgery. He is done for 2018.— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughTimes) April 30, 2018
- The Dodgers might actually be in some peril after the Seager news, writes Jeff Sullivan.
- Let’s Go Tribe says that the Indians offense is simply awful this season.
- We are witnessing the rise of young second basemen in the league, Craig Edwards points out.
- Jeff Sullivan at Fangraphs takes a look at Shohei Ohtani’s latest home run.
- Not every Phillies fan likes the Phillie Phanatic. Just ask this poor dog.
- Even though he wasn’t supposed to stay for more than one start, Pirates rookie Nick Kingham will stick around in the starting rotation after a strong debut.
- David Schoenfeld at ESPN gives a grade to every team for their month of April.