Happy Sunday, friends. I hope your weekend has been restful. In case you missed it, Kyle Seager notched his 1000th career hit last night.
Kyle’s eyes are now set on Ichiro’s hit total.
After discussing his 1,000th hit, it was mentioned to Kyle Seager that he only needs about 3,300 more to catch Ichiro's total from MLB and NPB.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) April 7, 2018
Seager replied: "At the rate I'm going, I think if play till I'm about 73, I will catch him. So I'm on a good pace."
Congrats to Kyle. Also, congrats to you for choosing to read these links.
In Mariners News...
- Jorge Solano made his pro debut for Modesto.
Anthony Jimenez out of the game with an apparent leg injury. Jorge Solano coming in to make his pro debut in RF.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) April 8, 2018
- Ben Gamel and Erasmo Ramirez each showed strongly during their rehab game today with Modesto.
Ben Gamel 2-for-3 with a double, walk and stolen base today at DH for High-A Modesto in 3rd rehab game (4-for-9 in 3 games).— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) April 8, 2018
Erasmo Ramirez got first rehab start for Modesto: 3 IP, 4H, 1R, 1BB, 3K, 40 pitches.
- Guillermo Heredia hit a home run off the left field foul pole in yesterday’s win.
- Catch the first weekday matinee next week against on Thursday.
- Ariel Miranda will likely join the Mariners in Kansas City.
Around the League...
- Former Mariner Lucas Luetge is working his way back from injury.
- I wonder where I’ve heard this idea before...
- Rough start to the year for the Indians.
- Former Mariner Boog Powell is dealing with a knee injury.
Melvin says Boog Powell also dealing with a knee sprain. He will be re-evaluated tomorrow.— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) April 7, 2018
- Trevor Bauer called out other MLB pitchers for cheating.
- Trevor Bauer expressed his dislike of the shortened pitcher warm up times between innings.
- The Phillies hit two grand slams to help score 20(!!!!!) runs.
- A 99-year old Pirates usher retired after 81 seasons.
- UW Gymnastics is headed to Nationals for the second year in a row.