If anyone knows when the sun will finally come out, please let me know. While we wait for the weather to improve, let’s read through some links
In Mariners News...
- Bob Dutton highlights some of Tacoma’s intriguing prospects.
UPDATED: Bummed by the #Mariners' lack of prospects at Triple-A Tacoma? Well...there might be a few silver linings. https://t.co/FwDjuSXrvG— Bob Dutton (@ByBobDutton) April 6, 2018
- Three players in the Mariners Organization made the top 100 MiLB names list.
- Now that’s what I call baseball weather.
- Dee Gordon was named as one of five players that could steal 80 bases this year.
- Healthy Logan Taylor is ready for another productive season.
Fully healthy to start 2018, @Mariners prospect @LTaylor_005 is ready to finish what he started last year. Taylor spoke to @BobbyDeMuro about repeating with the @ModestoNuts and being a super-utility man this year: https://t.co/la4f0Lh3lj pic.twitter.com/pmOgDEeCUd— Baseball Census (@BaseballCensus) April 6, 2018
- The Instagram page for Marineros de Seattle had some fun with Dee Gordon.
- BREAKING: Mitch Haniger sometimes puts ketchup on steak.
Check out this week's @HeritageDistill BSB Bonus with the fiery hot @M_Hanny17— ROOT SPORTS™ | NW (@ROOTSPORTS_NW) April 6, 2018
Be sure to join us Sunday for another episode of Mariners All Access pic.twitter.com/5C182JGfjr
- A former Diamondback catcher worked out with the Rainiers.
Former Arizona Diamondbacks catcher Chris Herrmann is working out with the Rainiers, but is not active yet. Can play outfield too.— Mike Curto (@CurtoWorld) April 6, 2018
Around the League...
This is amazing. Today’s @denverpost Coors Field guide featuring a large photo of... Philadelphia’s Citizens Bank Park. Brutal! pic.twitter.com/l79edsTpXX— Ronan O'Shea (@RonanOShea) April 6, 2018
- Another AL West team decided to sell bugs as food.
The @Athletics offer some delicious new food this season at the Coliseum (like the Breakfast Melt & funnel cake sticks). Oh, and DEEP FRIED CRICKETS, too. I ate some, because #journalism. Riveting video of me eating them at @Cut4. #Athletics https://t.co/fPUBM3zBHw— Adrian Garro (@adriangarro) April 6, 2018
- One of the Red Sox’ top prospects just got suspended for 80 games.
#DirtyWater prospect 3B Michael Chavis, No. 87 on our updated Top 100 Prospects, receives an 80-game suspension for failing a test for a performance-enhancing substance.— Matt Eddy (@MattEddyBA) April 6, 2018
Details from MLB press release: pic.twitter.com/hWmRFmqa4Z
- More prospect suspensions.
#SFGiants prospect C.J. Hinojosa was also suspended — 50-games following a second positive test for a drug of abuse.— William Boor (@wboor) April 6, 2018
- MLB Advanced Media is getting sued for allegedly stealing a sports tech company’s pitch tracking system.
- CC Sabathia may have hurt his hip.
CC Sabathia left tonight's game with right hip soreness. He will undergo an MRI tonight.— New York Yankees (@Yankees) April 7, 2018
- MLBTR did an offseason review of the Twins, the team that the Mariners play against today.
Read our review of the #MNTwins offseason ... and participate in the poll to give your grade. https://t.co/NovEJl93vb pic.twitter.com/DxnwkhbgxO— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) April 7, 2018
- The Huskies beat Eastern Carolina last night in the second game of a double header.
Joe DeMers tosses a 5-hit shutout to lift UW to 8-0 win over No. 11 East Carolina and earn a DH split. The bats weren't too shabby either. The Huskies pounded out 13 hits, three each by Mason Cerrillo and Levi Jordan.— Washington Baseball (@UW_Baseball) April 7, 2018
>> RECAP: https://t.co/NqUkZuuWKy pic.twitter.com/Nmp7RYVgvY