Good morning everyone! The baseball continues. The M’s play today, but most teams do not. Then the M’s will have a random and weird off-day tomorrow before resuming their series in Minnesota. I don’t really get it. Also, Minnesota must be kind of a rotten place to have an off-day in April.
Anyway, here are some links to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- TJ Cotterill at The News Tribune notes that the Rainiers have a few injured M’s players who are expected to be back in Seattle soon.
- The Everett AquaSox will host a Pride Night in June.
Join the @EverettAquaSox on Monday, June 25 for Pride Night! This night will promote a night of inclusion! Our Pride Night ticket offer includes an Upper Box ticket to the game and a Pride Night Hat for only $25!— Everett AquaSox (@EverettAquaSox) April 4, 2018
| https://t.co/b8HKUrml3A pic.twitter.com/bAsN1iYF2l
- Ryan Divish notes that Felix Hernandez appears to be undergoing an identity crisis with the Mariners.
Around the league...
- In the biggest news of the day, the Rockies have agreed to a six-year contract extension with star outfielder Charlie Blackmon.
- Dustin Ackley returns!
Source: INF Dustin Ackley is signing a Minor League deal with the Angels.— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) April 5, 2018
- I mean, what else are you supposed to do with yourself at Rays games?
What's uh... goin on back there? pic.twitter.com/OpFycmJaza— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) April 4, 2018
- I think we forget how big Aaron Judge is sometimes.
when you let your son beat you at racing but you're about to accelerate before the finish line pic.twitter.com/lgMSHF5qxS— Sung Min Kim (@sung_minkim) April 4, 2018
- The Athletic’s Levi Weaver interviewed commissioner Rob Manfred about a variety of hot-button topics around the sport including paying minor leaguers.
- Lookout Landing alum Matt Ellis and Patrick Dubuque have some stories in Baseball Prospectus’ latest edition of Long Relief.
- Whitney McIntosh predicts that 2018 will be the year of the inside-the-park homer.
- Former Cardinals closer Trevor Rosenthal will likely not sign a contract for the 2018 season as he attempts to recover from Tommy John surgery.
- Aldrelton Simmons broke up Corey Kluber’s no-hit attempt with a bunt single yesterday.
- Shohei Ohtani hit yet another home run yesterday, this one coming off of Kluber. David Schoenfeld at ESPN wonders what comes next for the Japanese phenom.
- The Nationals have signed their general manager Mike Rizzo to a two-year contract extension.
- Kind of baseball related, but also not. And also very strange.
The Mysterious Fish at baggage reclaim. pic.twitter.com/0QNCGzmuJV— Mondo Mascots (@mondomascots) April 3, 2018