In Mariners news...
- Check out this cool new Ichiro T-shirt.
- The M’s minor league affiliates have announced their rosters for the season. Here’s Tacoma’s, Arkansas’, Modesto’s, and Clinton’s.
- Tyler Maun notes that staying healthy is going to be the key goal for many of the M’s top prospects.
- Jay Yencich at U.S.S. Mariner previews the Clinton Lumberkings’ upcoming season.
Around the league...
- Former Mariner alert...
The Orioles sign Michael Saunders to minor-league contract after he was released this spring by the #Royals.— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) April 2, 2018
- Blue Jays outfielder Kevin Pillar stole second, third, and home all in the same inning.
- As a whole, MLB Opening Day payrolls are slightly down around the league compared to last season.
- This is awesome!
What a moment. Astros coach Rich Dauer was given a 3% chance to survive after suffering an acute subdural hematoma during the team's World Series parade.— ESPN (@espn) April 3, 2018
He beat the odds and threw out the first pitch tonight after getting his ring. pic.twitter.com/rWn1qYN9Q1
- The Rays have two bullpen days scheduled for their upcoming series.
- Jeff Sullivan breaks down what went well and what went poorly for Shohei Ohtani in his first start.
- The Royals have agreed to a minor league contract with Tarik El-Abour, who is believed to be the first professional baseball player with autism.
- Edwin Encarnacion hit an inside-the-park home run yesterday.
- Infielder Stephen Drew has decided to retire.
- The Villanova men’s basketball team cruised to a victory over Michigan in the NCAA national title game. Villanova won every game in the tournament by 12 points or more.
- Just, wow.