Why does the weather have to taunt us with warmth and sunshine during the week and hit us with clouds and rain during the weekend? Not cool. Fortunately for you, you can grab a blanket and enjoy these links from inside.
In Mariners News...
- Fangraphs talks about how the shift has strained positional labels, referencing a play in which Robinson Cano lined up where no infielder has ever lined up before.
- Ian Miller enjoyed some coffee yesterday.
Tax return came and went in the blink of an eye. Got to enjoy a coffee though #blessed pic.twitter.com/VgVeC9NF1v— Ian Miller (@8rellimnai) April 27, 2018
- Vote on this while you can!
POLL: Who has been the Most Valuable Mariner in first four weeks?— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) April 27, 2018
- Roenis Elias pitched well in his Tacoma debut.
Apparently Guillermo Heredia’s hand is just fine. 2-for-4 with a double tonight for Tacoma in 3-1 win at Fresno. Roenis Elias threw 2 scoreless innings of relief (1 hit, 35 pitches) in his debut and now will continue to get stretched out as starting candidate.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) April 28, 2018
- Dee Gordon was pulled from yesterday’s game after a knee injury, but should be fine to play today.
Dee Gordon's knee buckled when he went to jump to make that catch and he crashed into the wall. He wanted to stay in the game. Servais pulled him to be safe. Gordon didn't looked pleased in the dugout after being pulled. They expect him to play tomorrow.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) April 28, 2018
- Evan White knocked a walk-off single for the Modesto Nuts.
Evan White WALK-OFF RBI SINGLE! 6-5 Nuts!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) April 28, 2018
- An update on roster moves in Tacoma.
Today's Tacoma Rainiers roster moves:— Mike Curto (@CurtoWorld) April 28, 2018
Add Dan Vogelbach and RHP Tyler Jackson (from Modetto)
Place RHP Ashton Goudeau on the disabled list, M's release veteran infielder Rey Navarro.
- Mitch Haniger’s early season success deserves recognition.
Is the baseball world just going to let Mitch Haniger put up a great year and everybody is going to turn a blind eye to it? He’s already surpassed the halfway mark on ZiPS and Steamer WAR projections for 2018 and he’s only played in 25 games.— Lane Adams (@LA_Swiftness) April 28, 2018
Around the League...
- Sonny Gray’s decrease in fastball usage in New York might have caused some of his difficulty this year.
- Sean Manaea is off to a very strong start.
Manaea's season-opening streak of going at least five innings while allowing two runs or fewer in each of his first six starts is the longest by an A's pitcher since Dave Stewart had a seven-game run to open the 1990 season.— Jane Lee (@JaneMLB) April 28, 2018
- Yu Darvish showed off what he can do with the bat in his hands.
Yu should’ve gone for three. pic.twitter.com/jpBDk3CIwk— MLB (@MLB) April 27, 2018
- Wade Miley is working his way back to the big leagues with the Brewers.
Decision time for the Milwaukee #Brewers: Wade Miley is lights out in last rehab start, striking out 11 with just 2 hits over 6 innings in Class AA, hitting 93 mph on fastball— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) April 28, 2018
- Albert Pujols is closing in on 3000 hits.
5 more for No. 5... pic.twitter.com/JaYshERbyv— Angels (@Angels) April 28, 2018
- Shohei Ohtani suffered a mild ankle sprain and is day to day.
Shohei Ohtani was removed from tonight's game with a mild left ankle sprain. He is considered day to day.— Angels (@Angels) April 28, 2018
- Didi Gregorious just joined Mike Trout in double digit dinger territory.
Didi Gregorius hits a solo HR to RF off Blake Parker to give #Yankees 4-3 lead over #Angels. His 10th HR of the year. Tied with Trout for MLB lead.— Mike DiGiovanna (@MikeDiGiovanna) April 28, 2018
- Tyler Anderson of the Rockies exited his start with heartbeat issues, but appears to be doing well.
- Julio Teheran is experiencing shoulder tightness.
- People can be host families for Helena Brewers players.
Have an extra bedroom this summer? Want to make an impact on a player's career? Apply to be one of our Host Families! pic.twitter.com/VI14IPtLzn— Helena Brewers (@helenabrewers) April 27, 2018
- Congrats to Dante Pettis!
49ers trade up and select WR Dante Pettis with the No. 44 pick pic.twitter.com/fQ5p22nR8z— Bleacher Report NFL (@BR_NFL) April 28, 2018
- I’ll just leave this here.
Huskies record a season-high 16 hits and 15 runs as they route the Cougars, 15-2.— Washington Baseball (@UW_Baseball) April 28, 2018
Kahle and Cerrillo: 3-4, 2 R, 2 RBI
Knowles: 6.2 IP, 6 K, 6 H, 2 ER, W#3.
Recap: https://t.co/rcvGYocKul#DaWgStrong pic.twitter.com/v3azFrBGaE