Happy Friday folks! The M’s swiped a game against the Indians yesterday in a day that was swallowed up by NFL Draft coverage. If you’re just joining us now after spending all night salivating over the draft, welcome. Whatever reason you might be here for, I’m sure you’re looking for today’s batch of links. So let’s get to it.
In Mariners news...
Update on Guillermo Heredia from manager Pat Listach: the pitch hit him on the knuckle, nothing broken, he's going to be out for a few days.— Mike Curto (@CurtoWorld) April 26, 2018
- Still just an unbelievable play.
- Listen to James Paxton and Dee Gordon recount the tale of the eagle landing on Paxton’s shoulder.
"Skip, I'm just gonna be honest with you. That eagle don't look happy."— Mariners (@Mariners) April 26, 2018
Finally—thanks to @FlashGJr and the man himself—the inside story of the eagle landing on @James_Paxton.#TrueToTheBlue x @AlaskaAir pic.twitter.com/mQuiiDCcvY
Around the league...
- So here’s one dude the Mariners won’t have to see in this series.
The #Indians place LHP Andrew Miller on the 10-day DL with a strained left hamstring.— Scott Miller (@ScottMillerBbl) April 26, 2018
- Jung-Ho Kang is coming back to the Pirates despite a questionable recent past.
Kang was accused of sexual assault (no charges) and was found guilty of a third DUI after fleeing the scene of a high-speed crash before his work visa for 2017 was denied. https://t.co/P8aADTVan5— Joon Lee (@iamjoonlee) April 26, 2018
- Jim Bowden at The Athletic lists 15 prospects who are turning executives’ heads this spring. Wyatt Mills of the M’s makes the list.
- Ben Lindbergh of The Ringer marvels at Mike Trout’s ability to get even better than he was before.
- Jon Heyman scouts out the Josh Donaldson market for this upcoming winter.
- Yay, Danny!
In the good news category, Ricky Renteria reported that RHP Danny Farquhar continues to show signs of progress and has even taken a few short walks on the ICU floor at Rush with his wife, Lexie.— Chicago White Sox (@whitesox) April 26, 2018
- Jayson Stark at The Athletic says it’s time for baseball to shorten to a 154-game schedule, but the process of doing so may be trickier than people think it will be.
- Some pretty big news out of Boston yesterday: the city is changing the name of infamous Yawkey Way due to its namesake’s racist past.
- Amazin’ Avenue defends Matt Harvey after the latest media storm about his disapproval in being moved to the bullpen.
- Jarrod Dyson did something pretty rare with the Diamondbacks: he bunted with the bases juiced.
- Check out this fan’s reaction to catching Ronald Acuna’s first career home run.
- The A’s are considering a short-term extension for outfielder Khris Davis.