Hello everyone and happy Tuesday! Here are some stories to get you started on this Tuesday.
In Mariners news...
- Take a glance inside the life of Nelson Cruz.
Just talking shop over a little Dominican food. @ncboomstick23 chats with @heygoldy about his preparation for tonight's game.#TrueToTheBlue pic.twitter.com/LUjGRpTEpf— Mariners (@Mariners) April 23, 2018
- Uh oh.
More extended news..the Mariners have had to cancel games again this year due to lack of sufficient pitching. It's starting to bother other teams, scouts, and, well, me.— Eric Longenhagen (@longenhagen) April 23, 2018
- TJ Cotterill at The News Tribune explains why the M’s made the decision to keep Ichiro on the roster over Guillermo Heredia.
Around the league...
- Here’s an update on Danny Farquhar’s condition.
The Chicago White Sox released the following update on the condition of White Sox pitcher Danny Farquhar, currently a patient at RUSH University Medical Center after suffering a brain hemorrhage and ruptured aneurysm during the team’s game in Chicago Friday night: pic.twitter.com/OwPxGXGJav— Chicago White Sox (@whitesox) April 23, 2018
- Oh my gosh.
Over the bleachers? Yeah, @Tstory2 has that kind of power.— #Statcast (@statcast) April 24, 2018
This 464-foot HR marks the longest of Story's career, and is tied for the 4th-longest blast in @MLB this year. @Rockies pic.twitter.com/ZGNrDtZCpQ
- Believe it or not, Mike Trout might be getting better, according to Jeff Sullivan at Fangraphs.
- Craig Edwards at Fangraphs says that we should have respected Sean Manaea more before his no-hitter.
- Jose Bautista is reportedly going to be the Braves’ starting third basemen when he gets called up.
- Kevin Gausman had an immaculate inning against Cleveland.
- The Yankees have acquired right-hander A.J. Cole from the Nationals.
- Don’t underestimate the role of the clubhouse DJ, writes Eddie Matz at ESPN.
- Whitney McIntosh reviews her experience at MLB’s Food Fest.
Camels Crossing the Sea pic.twitter.com/LMuKRnd7FG— Nature is Scary (@TheScaryNature) April 21, 2018