Good morning everyone and welcome to your Monday edition of this week’s links! I’m your host Anders Jorstad and today we have some news to get your day started off on the right foot. Unless you’re the kind of person who is inclined to start with your left foot. Then we can help you do that too. If you’re the kind of person who prefers to start with both feet, well that’s called a potato sack race and I’ll kick anyone’s ass at such a contest.
In Mariners news...
- Hopefully this doesn’t keep Dee out of any significant action.
Gordon out of the lineup to give him a breather and because he has had a little bit of a foot issue, nothing serious. Will most likely see later in the game.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) April 22, 2018
- The Mariners have acquired right-hander Edwin Quezada in return for some international spending money.
- Here’s some info on the M’s new prospect.
Here's new Mariners prospect Edwin Quezada pitching last fall. Arm action is better this spring. Was 87-92 when I saw him like two weeks ago. Plays well up in the zone. Secondaries all below avg. https://t.co/HgLwE7joMa— Eric Longenhagen (@longenhagen) April 23, 2018
- Juan Nicasio has apparently seen a dip in velocity, according to Ryan Divish at The Seattle Times.
Around the league...
- Rhiannon Walker at The Undefeated provides some pretty disturbing statistics about the state of black managers in baseball.
- Bob Nightengale takes a close look at the Danny Farquhar situation and how his friends and colleagues are reacting to the news. Here’s to hoping he can recover from a scary incident.
- Brandon Belt took part in a 21-pitch at-bat yesterday, which is the most pitches thrown in one plate appearance since MLB started keeping track of such data.
- Kris Bryant appears to be alright after taking a baseball to the head.
- Buster Olney wonders if pine tar is becoming a bigger issue in the sport.
- Former Lookout Landing commenter and current Seattle Mariners fan Thomas Bennett is leaving Fish Stripes after serving as the managing editor for the Marlins-based site for four years.
- Sean Manaea didn’t know he was throwing a no-hitter until late in the game because he thought a ball that was ruled an error early in the contest was actually a hit.
- Jose Bautista could be joining the Braves on the team’s upcoming road swing.