How about the weather, huh? It’s about time we got some sun. Here’s to many more weeks of great weather. Wanna know what is a perfect match for a Sunday morning? The links!
In Mariners News...
- Mitch Haniger has had a good start to the season, hasn’t he?
Mitch Haniger through 18 games— Brent Stecker (@BrentStecker) April 21, 2018
5 HRs (T6th AL, 1 behind lead)
17 RBIs (T2nd in AL)
.948 OPS (10th in AL)
- Speaking of hot starts, the Clinton Lumberkings have had a very strong start to their season, too.
- The Mariners have turned more triple plays since 1977 than any other team.
From Elias: Since Mariners started in 1977, they’ve turned 12 triple plays, most in the Majors. White Sox second in that span with 10.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) April 20, 2018
- The Rainiers are doing good in the community.
The Rainiers showed out in full force at Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital this afternoon. So much love for the kids of R City. pic.twitter.com/qkbCLgAhci— Tacoma Rainiers (@RainiersLand) April 20, 2018
- Dee Gordon is the coolest.
is there anyone in baseball cooler than Dee Gordon? There is not. pic.twitter.com/1WjcDwpACM— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) April 21, 2018
Around the League...
- Former Mariner Kendrys Morales was activated by the Blue Jays.
.@BlueJays activate DH Kendrys Morales from 10-day DL, recall INF Lourdes Gurriel Jr. from Double-A New Hampshire; option LHP Tim Mayza, INF Gift Noepe to Triple-A Buffalo.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) April 20, 2018
- Rob Manfred talked about the potential financial impacts of a shortened season.
- Braden Bishop’s brother, Hunter, is also playing for his mother.
- Fangraphs released their first MLB mock draft.
- Michael Baumann of The Ringer wrote about the low wages in minor league baseball.
- Mike Napoli will likely miss the remainder of the season with a knee injury.
- Former Mariner Danny Farquhar was hospitalized yesterday.
Danny Farquhar fainted in the dugout and was taken to the hospital as a precaution. Herm Schneider is currently assuring his mother that he is going to be ok. #WhiteSox— Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge) April 21, 2018
- Tyson Ross was four outs shy of throwing a no hitter.
- This is probably the most expensive Lego structure of all time.
- Also, our condolences are with Avicii’s friends and family.