Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Although today is unfortunately yet another off-day for Mariners baseball, we’ve got some links to jump-start your week. Let’s get to it.
In Mariners news...
- The M’s made a minor addition to their catching corps.
Mariners add catcher Garrett Kennedy from the Dodgers organization. Kennedy split the 2017 season between High-A Rancho Cucamonga & Double-A Tulsa.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) April 1, 2018
- MLB Trade Rumors recaps this most recent offseason for Seattle.
- Shannon Drayer notes that the M’s haven’t had major injury problems, contrary to how it may seem.
Around the league...
- In local college baseball news, Utah snapped Oregon State’s 14-series winning streak this weekend.
- Gabe Kapler hasn’t been managing his bullpen very well in the early going of his first season as Phillies’ manager.
- The New York Times has a cool longform feature on Kapler and his unique style of managing.
- The Royals agreed to a contract with right-hander Kyle Lohse.
- The Twins are apparently unhappy that Orioles catcher Chance Sisco bunted for a hit in the ninth inning of Jose Berrios’ shutout.
- Shohei Ohtani was solid in the first start of his major league career.
- The Notre Dame women’s basketball team won the NCAA national title game over Mississippi State on an incredible buzzer-beater.