Anders is busy today, so you get me as your substitute linker. Please don’t all agree to drop your pencils at a certain time; I was at the game last night and have a Maple Grove-induced headache. (It was sure fun, though. We even had a kid come ask for help with his promposal, and it was adorable.) I’ll just put on the movie equivalent for links, and let’s all get through this Tuesday together.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners won last night! It was great fun. Here’s a link to Gotty’s recap if you missed it. Also, if you missed Mitch Haniger’s catch, it was really something special.
- Someone vandalized the Field of Dreams site back in February, and a bunch of Midwest League teams, including our own Clinton LumberKings, battled the snow and pitched in to fix it up.
The LumberKings, led by our Head Groundskeeper Reid Olson, are proud to have partnered with a lot of our friends in professional Baseball and more to have helped restore the Field of Dreams Movie Site today after it was vandalized this off-season! A little snow is no issue! pic.twitter.com/VEYJ714utR— Clinton LumberKings (@LumberKings) April 16, 2018
Around the league...
- Adam Ottovino might be a wizard:
- Bryce Harper might be a warlock:
- Blaine Boyer might be Superman:
If things weren’t going bad enough, a huge chunk of ice flew off one of the Royals’ team buses and slammed into the windshield of the other last night. The shards hit the bus driver and reliever Blaine Boyer had to grab the wheel. The driver was OK. pic.twitter.com/b1kdSxqDQG— Rustin Dodd (@rustindodd) April 16, 2018
- MLB has pulled the Jackie Robinson hats they were selling with Chief Wahoo on them. Way to do the bare minimum, MLB.
- Attendance is way, way down at MLB games this year, and the freezing weather isn’t the entire problem, writes Jeff Passan. (OK but it’s got to be like...a lot of the problem, right? I couldn’t feel my feet at last night’s game and we play in Seattle.)
- The Angels, who checked the calendar and realized it’d been a whopping three hours since they did something to suck the fun out of baseball, have asked Shohei Ohtani’s fans to quiet down during his at-bats.
- Suck it, Bob Dylan. Kendrick Lamar has a Pulitzer now.
- This also led to one of my favorite reaction shots ever:
i will absolutely never get over dana canedy's face right before she announced kendrick lamar pic.twitter.com/i2RcRiu7Zp— jaye hunt (@hayejunt) April 16, 2018
- Maybe second only to this: