Hi everyone! I’m going skiing today, which is fun because it will be my first spring skiing experience. That said, it was about 45 degrees and raining last night when we got to the cabin I’m at. That is not particularly encouraging for the snow conditions. While I’m skiing in the rain, you should enjoy these links.
In Mariners News...
- Shohei Ohtani’s hot start to his rookie season is comparable to Taylor Motter.
#Angels Shohei Ohtani and #Mariners Taylor Motter at a similar point during his rookie year:— Luke Arkins (@luke_arkins) April 12, 2018
PA 23 24
H 7 8
2B 4 0
HR 2 3
BB 2 2
SO 6 5
OPS 1.201 1.189
wRC+ 215 238
- Kyle Seager was named the most likely to be baseball’s next iron man.
- Protect our players.
Also the dugout stairs have been adjusted at Safeco Field to prevent any more mishaps— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) April 13, 2018
- Nelson Cruz should be back tomorrow.
The Mariners first six hitters tomorrow should be:— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) April 14, 2018
1. Dee Gordon, CF
2. Jean Segura, SS
3. Robinson Cano, 2B
4. Nelson Cruz, DH
5. Kyle Seager, 3B
6. Mitch Hanger, RF
- Rob Whalen pitched well for the Rainiers in a close win.
Great outing from Rob Whalen! His final line: 6.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K. pic.twitter.com/0JMAmObyM5— Tacoma Rainiers (@RainiersLand) April 14, 2018
- Seth Elledge just notched his first California League win.
Congrats @SethWElledge on 1st Cal League win!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) April 14, 2018
Around the League...
- At least it’s snowing somewhere.
White Sox and Twins could have the next 3 games postponed. Merry Christmas! pic.twitter.com/2VmQPvvpkb— Chuck Garfien (@ChuckGarfien) April 13, 2018
- Former Mariner alert.
Royals option Brandon Maurer, call up Kevin McCarthy.— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) April 13, 2018
- Francisco Mejia is suing Big League Advance over a loan.
- Read about the connection between baseball and hip hop culture.
- Josh Donaldson is headed to the disabled list.
.@BlueJays place 3B Josh Donaldson (right shoulder inflamation) on 10-day DL (retro to 4/11); recall OF Teoscar Hernández from Triple-A Buffalo.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) April 13, 2018
- Another former Mariner alert.
The #Rays have DFA Ryan Weber to make room for Johnny Field on the 40-man roster— Neil Solondz (@neilsolondz) April 13, 2018
- The Rangers signed Yovani Gallardo to a minor league contract.
Rangers sign Yovani Gallardo to Minor League contract.... will pitch at Triple A Round Rock— TR Sullivan (@Sullivan_Ranger) April 13, 2018
- The Royals signed Tarik El-Abour, the first player with autism in affiliated baseball.
- The mound visit rule regulations has led to fewer mound visits.
Numbers Show Dramatic Decrease In Mound Visits As Part Of MLB Pace-Of-Play Rules https://t.co/hJ2RjQBUlH— Maury Brown (@BizballMaury) April 13, 2018
- The Angels are the first team to use nine pitchers in their first 15 games since 1960.
Andrew Heaney is the ninth different used by the #Angels this season. The last time any team used nine starters in its first 15 games was 58 years ago by the 1960 Baltimore #Orioles.— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) April 14, 2018
- UW Baseball won their first game of the Oregon series last night.
Strong pitching and early runs are the story of the day for the Huskies as they beat the Ducks, 2-1, Friday at Husky Ballpark. #DaWgStrong— Washington Baseball (@UW_Baseball) April 14, 2018
MacIver: 2-3, RBI
Knowles: 5.1 IP, 4 K, ER, W#2
DeMers: 1 IP, SV#1