Good morning folks! Welcome to another off-day for Mariners baseball. The M’s resume action tomorrow against the A’s, but for now all you have to occupy your day baseball-wise are these links. That’s not actually true, but I hope they suffice nonetheless!
In Mariners news...
- Haven’t subscribed to The Athletic yet? Well, our very own Kate Preusser has joined the corp of Mariners writers there, so you should. Her first story is about Juan Nicasio.
- Viva El Birdos tries to make a trade work in which the Cardinals would get Kyle Seager.
Around the league...
- Dries your hair twice as fast, right?
- Dusty Baker is having a ball in his life away from managing. Good for him.
- Neil Paine at FiveThirtyEight says it’s Shohei Ohtani’s splitter that separates him from everyone else.
- Apparently Ohtani has been asking the Angels for more playing time.
- David Price was pulled from yesterday’s start against the Yankees after feeling a “sensation” in his hand.
- There were a couple of brawls yesterday. Let’s get to the Rockies-Padres one first.
Benches clear at Coors Field after the Padres throw at Nolan Arenado. Arenado throws a punch. Basically everyone involved pic.twitter.com/AnlzyGdPme— Jake Shapiro (@Shapalicious) April 11, 2018
- Benches cleared twice in the Red Sox-Yankees game last night as well. Three players and a coach were ejected.
- Whitney McIntosh breaks down the best moments from the east coast brawl that took place yesterday.
- Russell A. Carleton at Baseball Prospectus tries to explain Gabe Kapler’s odd decisions.
- Rays reliever Chaz Roe admits that he changes his position on the mound to mess with opposing batters.
- Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud has a partially torn UCL, forcing New York to call up their Double-A backstop.
- Elvis Andrus is hitting the disabled list with an elbow fracture.
- Despite hitting a pair of home runs for the second game in a row, Javier Baez got in trouble for bat flipping on a pop out.