Good morning everyone! Here is what you may have missed yesterday.
In Mariners news...
- Do you have what it takes?
The Mariners are seeking a Digital Graphic Designer. New position and a great opportunity for one of you talented designers out there. Excited about this one! https://t.co/QD6YyFD655 pic.twitter.com/lYDnW8IPSz— Nathan Rauschenberg (@nrauschen) April 9, 2018
- Get your tickets now!
We're excited to announce Alzheimer's Association Night is June 15th at @SafecoField! Thank you to the @Mariners for contributing to a world without #Alzheimers disease. Buy your tickets now and...of course...wear your purple! #ENDALZ https://t.co/jzegaBmeJs pic.twitter.com/0weRtTvI3c— Alz Association WA (@ALZ_WA) April 9, 2018
- We’ve got some goods news on some injured Mariners!
Mike Zunino and Nelson Cruz have resumed baseball activities today. Cruz is expected back on Friday. They are hoping Zunino will be ready sometime during the weekend.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) April 9, 2018
Ben Gamel could also join the Mariners at some point this weekend as well. He's just getting ABs at this point in Tacoma— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) April 9, 2018
- The team won’t need Ariel Miranda for another week.
Ariel Miranda will remain the fifth starter. And make that start on April 17th when a fifth starter is needed. Erasmo Ramirez will pitch on a normal progression instead of being rushed back.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) April 9, 2018
Around the league...
- Just awful.
- Rian Watt at Fangraphs takes a look at bullpens who are already performing better than they were expected to.
- Another two-way prospect impressed in his Single-A debut last night.
- Leonys Martin has been a successful leadoff hitter for the Tigers so far this season.
- The Cardinals have officially called up closer Greg Holland, who appears ready to go after getting signed late in the spring.
- Angels right-hander J.C. Ramirez will undergo Tommy John surgery.
- Xander Bogaerts will hit the 10-day disabled list with an ankle injury.
- Pirates closer Felipe Rivero has officially changed his name to Felipe Vazquez.