The Mariners will look to start the month of April off with a bang by securing their first series win of the season. In the time being, peruse these links.
In Mariners News...
- Aaron Levine shared about a conversation he had with Dee Gordon regarding barriers preventing access to baseball.
Dee Gordon to me at Spring Training: "I'm the only black guy in camp. That speaks volumes."— Aaron Levine (@AaronQ13Fox) March 30, 2018
Why? "Costs too much. Every bat costs $500...Gloves are $400...everyone's parents aren't able to afford that. It's my job to help any way possible." https://t.co/MIY23Z1zdN
- With Mike Zunino headed to the disabled list, Bob Dutton mentioned a few names the Mariners might consider bringing on in his absence.
With Mike Zunino sidelined by a strained oblique, #Mariners could turn to free-agent market for a veteran replacement. Top candidates include Ryan Hanigan, Chris Herrmann, Derek Norris, Carlos Ruiz, Cameron Rupp and Geovany Soto.— Bob Dutton (@ByBobDutton) March 31, 2018
- Nelson Cruz sprained his ankle.
- Here’s some good health news for the Mariners.
Erasmo Ramirez threw a 25-pitch sim game on Friday. Ben Gamel took live swings off of him. Both seem likely to join Class AAA Tacoma for rehab stints when the Rainiers season begins.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) March 31, 2018
- In case you missed it, Ichiro made an incredible play.
Around the League...
- A familiar face just signed with a major league club.
Reds sign Yovani Gallardo to 1-year, major-league deal. Per source, he’ll earn $750k with incentives that can bring the total to $1M.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) March 31, 2018
- This is a pretty awesome story.
Awesome: 10-year-old cancer patient Chase Utley met in 2006 is now his teammatehttps://t.co/q35fd7S06Z— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) March 31, 2018
- Delino DeShields broke his hand.
DeShields has broken hamate bone in hand https://t.co/FNuHOZohYx— Rotoworld Baseball (@Rotoworld_BB) March 31, 2018
- Ian Kinsler is headed to the disabled list.
#Angels are placing Ian Kinsler (groin, adductor) on the DL and recalling Nolan Fontana. It tightened up on him last night.— Jeff Fletcher (@JeffFletcherOCR) March 31, 2018
- At least it isn’t “soggy” arm...
- David Ross wrote about the significance of having a “glue guy” on a team, while listing a few examples.
- The Twins nearly threw a combined no-hitter last night.
- Xander Bogaerts made some history.
Xander doesn’t like singles.— MLB Stat of the Day (@MLBStatoftheDay) April 1, 2018
He’s the 2nd player in the past 100 years to record multiple XBHs in each of his first 3 games of a season (A. Gonzalez, 2015). pic.twitter.com/AdNTqzEprR
- Brad Miller appreciation post.
- Kevin Pillar stole three bases, including home, in the same inning.
- Shohei Ohtani makes his debut tomorrow.
- No team has beaten UConn more in the NCAA tournament than Notre Dame.
No team has beaten UConn in the NCAA Tournament more.— NOTRE DAME WBB (@ndwbb) March 31, 2018
Friday night, the Irish bested the Huskies behind @Arike_O's buzzer-beating three to give the Irish a #WFinalFour win. #GoIrishhttps://t.co/LjqZwXWXJR
- Here’s a replay of the shot.
- Notre Dame plays Mississippi State for the women’s National Championship tomorrow.
- Also, Villanova and Michigan will square off for the men’s basketball National Championship.