Is anyone planning on heading down to Arizona between now and the end of spring training? If so, when? Regardless if you’re planning on travelling to Arizona, you should read these links.
In Mariners News...
- Felix Hernandez will try to resume throwing this week.
Felix Hernandez still has a KNOT/BUMP/MARK/CONTUSION on his forearm that is a little tender. But the plan/hope is for him to try and play catch on Tuesday— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) March 3, 2018
- Scott Servais liked what he saw from David Phelps.
Servais on David Phelps: "The life on his fastball was great to see in his first time out. He’s healthy. His pitches are there. Literally the ball looked like it had an extra gear on it tonight for him."— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) March 4, 2018
- In case you missed it, here’s a Jean Segura dinger.
- Here are all four of Rob Whalen’s strikeouts from yesterday’s game.
- A little preview of this year’s top of the lineup.
- Wyatt Mills made his cactus league debut on Thursday.
Around the League...
- Graveyard Baseball wrote another piece comparing and contrasting NPB and MLB.
- The Yankees were voted the best lineup in the American League.
- The Rays signed Carlos Gomez.
- Nationals prospect Victor Robles made a heck of a play in centerfield yesterday.
- Tim Tebow had some encouragement for Russell Wilson.
Here's Tim Tebow on Seahawks QB Russell Wilson, who is taking part in Yankees spring training:— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) March 3, 2018
“I'm friends with Russell. We've talked baseball. ...He knows what he’s doing. I’m sure he’s having a lot of fun. He’s also someone that loves competition and enjoys it. Good for him.”
- Several Chicago Cubs, including former Mariner Mike Montgomery, shaved their heads to raise support for pediatric cancer.
- Anthony Castrovince highlighted some prevalent Spring Training over reactions.
- The Huskies won their second consecutive extra-inning game last night, beating Minnesota 6-4.