Good morning everyone! There are just two more days until we get real, concrete baseball. Let’s get your Tuesday started with some links.
In Mariners news...
- The M’s have some new rules for home games this season.
- Proof that Hisashi Iwakuma is making progress!
- Shannon Drayer takes a look at some of the brand new pitching technology the Mariners are utilizing this spring.
- Gordon Beckham is back.
Mariners are re-signing Gordon Beckham to a new minor-league deal, like they did with Hisashi Iwakuma.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) March 26, 2018
- Minor League Ball wonders if Evan White could reach the major leagues by the end of this season.
Around the league...
- Yovani Gallardo is back on the market.
#Brewers have released RHP Yovani Gallardo. Paid him one fourth his $2 million salary. Free to sign with any team.— Tom (@Haudricourt) March 26, 2018
- I don’t know why I can’t stop watching this.
And if you'd like to see the pitch that knocked the camera into next Tuesday, here you go: pic.twitter.com/VlwM1Wv1hr— Josh Norris (@jnorris427) March 27, 2018
- Oh yikes.
A man just proposed to his girlfriend on the jumbotron. For reasons passing understanding, she agreed to marry a man whose idea of a romantic outing was the top of the fourth inning of an Astros-Brewers exhibition game, with Johnny Cash's "When the Man Comes Around" playing— Michael Baumann (@MJ_Baumann) March 27, 2018
- Apparently someone surprised him and put his dad’s jersey number in his locker without telling him.
- Sporting News peeks behind the curtain to see what it takes to run an MLB social media account.
- Uh oh.
BREAKING: Albert Belle arrested in Scottsdale during a spring training game.— Matt Rodewald FOX 10 (@Matt_Fox10) March 26, 2018
2 counts of indecent exposure
1 count of DUI (using liquor, drugs or vapors)
1 count of Extreme DUI (BAC of .08 or more) pic.twitter.com/3zMgRczQi3
- The Diamondbacks have agreed to a five-year extension with infielder Ketel Marte.
- A former White Sox groundkeeper spent 23 years in jail for a crime he didn’t commit. He was just released.
- Marc Normandin believes that the possible end of the independent leagues might be a good thing.
- Yankees first baseman Greg Bird will have to undergo ankle surgery and miss a couple of months as a result.
- Former University of Washington men’s basketball stud Markelle Fultz finally returned from his prolonged “injury” stint last night.