Good morning everyone! Sorry for my absence from this here website for those few days. I’m back and ready to go, and the good news for baseball fans is that we’re so very close to Opening Day! Let’s get you some news to start off your day.
In Mariners news...
- With the Mariners’ latest roster cuts, Mike Marjama is officially the M’s backup catcher to start the season.
Around the league...
- Hmm...tell me more.
- This will be something to monitor going forward.
- Evan Grant told the harrowing story of the sister of Rangers catcher Robinson Chirinos and her struggle to survive in Venezuela.
- Forbes ranks every park in the big leagues from first to worst. Seattle comes in a lot lower than I would have expected.
- Given that the NFL has been doing this, it was only a matter of time before baseball gave a crack at it.
BREAKING: @Yankees and @RedSox nearing deal for 2-game series in London. Games would be June, 2019 at London Stadium, sources say. Still some details to be worked out for MLB’s first regular-season games in Europe #sportsbiz #mlb— Scott Soshnick (@soshnick) March 19, 2018
- The Brewers are exploring outside options at catcher after losing Stephen Vogt for the first month of the season.
- The A’s are looking into rising sea levels as they consider the future of their ballpark.
- More graphical features are coming to ESPN’s baseball broadcasts.
- The Royals have signed right-hander Clay Buchholz to a minor league contract.
- For those of who you have been following March Madness, you might have heard about UMBC’s Twitter account and its antics so far in the tournament. The Athletic allowed the man who runs the account to write a story about his experience behind the keyboard this week.