Last night I was cruising around in my car listening to the radio and I heard Anders’ name. Like his full name. I thought I would share that with you all. I also thought I would share these links with you.
In Mariners News...
- Din Tai Fung will not serve soup dumplings at Safeco Field.
- Speaking of ballpark food...
- Shigetoshi Hasagawa wants to qualify for the Boeing Classic golf tournament.
- Some good news for the Mariners’ starting rotation.
Mariners have Felix Hernandez and James Paxton preliminarily scheduled to throw in minor league games on Monday.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) March 16, 2018
- Jean Segura was cleared to play shortstop yesterday, which is also good news.
Lineup change. Segura cleared to play SS today, which is good news.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) March 16, 2018
- Felix Hernandez had a successful bullpen.
Around the League...
- Oakland Athletics pitcher Jharel Cotton sprained his UCL.
Jharel Cotton diagnosed with sprained UCL, will seek a second opinion: https://t.co/cdVu7mbqUc— Jane Lee (@JaneMLB) March 16, 2018
- The Reds extended Eugenio Suarez.
Sources: Eugenio Suarez is guaranteed $66 million in extension over 7 years. Team option worth $15 million, $2 mill buyout. https://t.co/pQ5vFOwfzg— Tommy Stokke (@StokkeTommy) March 16, 2018
- The Phillies will start the season without an important piece of their pitching staff.
The Phillies will be without a key rotation piece for 6-8 weeks, as Jerad Eickhoff with be out with a strained lat muscle: https://t.co/bkXp1hXXOm— MLB Daily Dish (@mlbdailydish) March 16, 2018
- The Twins have worked closely with Eric Cressey, a strength and conditioning coach that runs his own sports performance center.
- Speaking of the Twins, they claimed Jake Cave.
- Jose Altuve will get a lot of money be an Astro for a long time.
AL MVP Jose Altuve nearing 5-year, $150-million extension (beginning 2020) with the Astroshttps://t.co/vY88Sx6c8u— Brian McTaggart (@brianmctaggart) March 16, 2018
- Can spring training bat flips be considered for bat flip of the year?
- In case you missed it, something significant happened yesterday.