Good morning folks! Let’s take a look at what you might have missed yesterday from around baseball.
In Mariners news...
- So the M’s have a few injuries. I feel like we discuss this every day but I just want to make sure everyone can keep up with all of this insanity. Marco Gonzales’s and Nelson Cruz’s injuries both occurred yesterday.
Updated Mariners 40-man roster injury list— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) March 13, 2018
Healy — hand surgery
Gamel — oblique strain
Hernandez — forearm contusion
Rumbelow — shoulder discomfort
Gonzales — right hand contusion
Cano — hamstring strain
Cruz — quad tightness
Romine, IF/OF -- shoulder issue
- The Mariners will host a “Gluten Free Night” on May 3rd, a home game against the A’s.
- The M’s made a minor transaction.
- Ariel Miranda has added a slider to his repertoire in hopes of gaining an edge on his competition for the last starting rotation spot.
Around the league...
- Is anyone surprised by what they’re featuring from the Mariners?
The full list of what will be featured at MLB FoodFest: pic.twitter.com/IW97jD7c3H— Eric Fisher (@EricFisherSBJ) March 13, 2018
- Rian Watt at Fangraphs takes a look at some of the projections in which there is the highest degree of confidence.
- Former Mariners prospect Ezequiel Carrera has been picked up by the Braves on a minor league deal shortly after being cut by the Blue Jays.
- Camden Chat brainstorms some ways that the Orioles can get people to come to the ballpark this summer.
- Lookout Landing alum Meg Rowley found some of the more interesting things you might have missed that happened late in some games this spring.
- David Wright, who hasn’t played more than 40 games in a season since 2014, has been shut down for 8 weeks due to shoulder and back problems.
- Jeff Sullivan takes a look at how the opt-out clause is evolving in baseball.
- Check out the latest edition of Short Relief from Baseball Prospectus, which features pieces from Patrick Dubuque and Kate Preusser.
- Rest in Peace, Stephen Hawking. The physicist died yesterday at age 76.