Hello, and a “Happy Monday” to you... if you believe in happy Mondays. The best way to distract yourself from the early week-blues and accompanying existential angst with with some fresh ‘n hot content, so have at it!
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners have a guest instructor this week, and it’s a familiar face.
Blast from past. Felix greeting old friend Joel Pineiro. pic.twitter.com/2Hip50u7zn— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) March 11, 2018
- I think we can all agree with this one...
“If I’m looking for a heart surgeon, I’m not too concerned if he's undergone heart surgery.” Dr. Lorena Martin @LMHighPerform of @Mariners on why playing experience should not be the "be all" factor it has been in front office hiring #SABRanalytics #sportsbiz #MLB pic.twitter.com/RWUZ0HEKM6— Joe Favorito (@joefav) March 11, 2018
- Here’s a good piece from Greg Johns on Mariners prospect Art Warren.
- Robinson Cano left Sunday’s game with hamstring tightness as a precautionary measure, but the injury isn’t believed to be seriously... hopefully.
- The team trimmed their roster down to 44 players yesterday, sending several prospects and several more long-shots to minor league camp.
- Here’s a great piece about Mariners reporter Shannon Drayer.
- The Mariners supposedly offered Jon Jay a 3-year deal toward the beginning of the offseason. Huh.
Around the League...
- The Phillies are supposed to be bad, but Jake Arrieta has signed with Philadelphia on a 3-year contract.
- The Yankees have agreed to a 1-year deal with Neil Walker.
- An old friend hit an insider-the-parker yesterday.
- March Madness is here! Time to lose money to that one person that hasn’t watched more than 5 minutes of college basketball this year! Guess what, this year that’s me! Here’s a bracket if you are lazy and don’t know what Google is.
- This isn’t exactly new news, but have you heard of the James Webb Space Telescope? It’s going to be like the Hubble, but better. Check it out and learn about some of the really cool stuff it’ll be able to do when it’s launched next year!