Good morning everyone and happy March! This is the month that the regular season will begin so it’s almost time for some real baseball. Let’s get your day started off with some links.
In Mariners news...
- Lefty reliever Marc Rzepczynski is hoping that his new delivery will lead to more success this upcoming season.
- Here are your Mariners injury updates for the day.
Couple of notes on some Mariners reliever prospects: RHP Matt Festa arrived to ST with a hip/sciatic issue and hasn't thrown. He's rehabbing the injury. RHP Art Warren is dealing with hip issue as well, but is expected to pitch in a game in three or four days.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) February 28, 2018
Mariners taking it slow with some relievers. Phelps threw 1st live BP yesterday, all went well. Vincent should throw live BP in next few days. Servais happy with what he saw from Zep who made a number of mechanical changes in 1st outing yesterday.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) February 28, 2018
Mariners are hoping Haniger can see the hand specialist before Friday, looking for him to be cleared before they allow him to resume hitting.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) February 28, 2018
Heredia should be cleared to play in games within a week.
- The M’s list of top 30 prospects from MLB Pipeline has officially dropped.
Around the league...
- Ichiro isn’t giving up yet!
Here’s a video of Ichiro hitting last week. He wants to continue playing in the big leagues at age 44. pic.twitter.com/HRT0yLTcLc— Tim Kurkjian (@Kurkjian_ESPN) February 28, 2018
- Yuli Gurriel will undergo surgery after damaging his hamate bone.
- The Royals have agreed to a one-year deal with first baseman Lucas Duda.
- This is some disappointing news for one of baseball’s top prospects.
White Sox announce Jake Burger has a ruptured left achilles tendon. Will have surgery in Chicago this week. Out for 2018 season. Will have another update after surgery is complete— James Fegan (@JRFegan) February 27, 2018
- Dave Martinez brought some camels to Nationals camp to help lighten the mood.
- The Nats might be gearing up for a big push for starter Jake Arrieta.
- The wind-up might be on its way out, writes Jeff Sullivan at Fangraphs.
- Jay Jaffe believes that Clayton Kershaw will reach a contract agreement with the Dodgers before hitting free agency.
- The A’s have added a new complex in their stadium called “Treehouse” that will be in left field.
- Former University of Washington star Nate Robinson reportedly turned down $100,000 to return to the football team after his freshman season.
- He took a little extra time with this one.