It is Friday! Congratulations! You, and every other human alive, have done to bare minimum and have extended your existence through most of the work week! To prepare you for two days of solace, here are some fresh ‘n hot links.
In Mariners News...
- Matthew Trueblood at Baseball Prospectus thinks that the Mariners would’ve been better off not adding a new first base option.
- Sweet new promotion in May... now how to disguise myself as a young buck...?
- This was heartwarming.
MLB: I just became @Mariners fan for life. Sitting at the late Wayne Norton’s Celebration of Life to find out M’s gave him contract for upcoming 2018 season. Wayne, who suffered from ALS gained dignity & hope by this thoughtful move. What a classy, considerate gesture. Thank you. pic.twitter.com/IdtxM68u0M— RobFaiNationRadioTSN (@RobFaiNation) February 9, 2018
Around the League...
- Some atrocious news to start us off.
The mother of the Pirates’ catcher, Elías Díaz, was kidnaped in Zulia, Venezuela. https://t.co/dXZG2Y3EGH— Daniel Álvarez Montes (@DaniAlvarez_16) February 8, 2018
- Alexa, make this offseason suck less.
Source: Signed players likely to appear at union-sponsored training camp for unsigned free agents as show of support. Appearances would occur before signed players report to their teams. Unsigned Scott Boras clients will not attend the camp, per @jcrasnick.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) February 8, 2018
- Umm... can we please do a US-only pre-sale for Mariners-Blue Jays games?
- This story tries to make Jeter look decent and yet he still looks like the absolute worst...
- Not a Josh Donaldson fan, but this is pretty hilarious.
@JonHeyman I respect what you do for a living, but you don’t know my friends. Nor do my friends know what I want, because there is still information to be gathered. I havn’t asked for anything. What I have said is I would like to stay. Cont. https://t.co/mCKqqj9OR1— Josh Donaldson (@BringerOfRain20) February 8, 2018
- John Axford has signed with the Blue Jays.
John Axford deal with jays is for a non-roster invite. Ontario native. @Ken_Rosenthal 1st said there’s a deal.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) February 9, 2018
- NASA has been looking into sending a submarine into the frigid hydrocarbon oceans of Titan, and they’ve teamed up with WSU researchers to do it! Titan is considered one of the strongest candidates in the Solar System to house extraterrestrial life, and considering the hydrocarbon-heavy environment, it’s possible that that life could be unlike any we know.
- I know that the UW Men’s Basketball team had a rough night last night. But one of ESPN’s first Bubble Watch articles recently came out, and guess who’s considered a strong candidate for the tournament?