Are you capable of sleeping in or not? I’m personally incapable. For some reason I always have been. If you are great at sleeping in, what’s your secret? Regardless of your sleep schedules, I hope you can enjoy these links.
In Mariners News...
- The broken bat on the Ken Griffey Jr. statue will be fixed this weekend.
- Here’s a Dee Gordon equipment picture.
- A power outage on Capitol Hill came at an inconvenient time for Marco Gonzales.
Was halfway through a haircut lol ♂️ https://t.co/VH4mXH45Z8— Marco Gonzales (@MarcoGonzales_) February 2, 2018
- Cody Buckel, a pitching coach in the Mariners organization, posted a picture from the Mariners’ baseball academy in the Dominican Republic.
It’s been awesome to spend a week in the Dominican Republic! The last morning meeting before… https://t.co/y9pUN0WpvY— Cody Buckel (@Cheatcode07) February 2, 2018
- Greg Johns broke down Kyle Seager as a part of his position-by-position preview leading up to spring trianing.
Around the League...
- The White Sox are leaning on their team culture to help their rebuild.
- Yeah, Justin Smoak is a video game cover athlete. I will be wearing my signed Justin Smoak jersey everyday this week.
Congrats to All-Star 1B Justin Smoak, this year's @RBIGAME cover athlete!— Toronto Blue Jays (@BlueJays) February 2, 2018
"I'm really excited to be on the cover of R.B.I. 18, & super proud to do it in the #BlueJays uniform." – Smoaky pic.twitter.com/dMH4af9zn9
- Here’s an agents opinion on the stagnant free agent market.
- Here’s another agents statement on the situation.
Statement from player agent Seth Levinson on current labor situation:— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) February 2, 2018
“There is a bond that exists between... https://t.co/SHPWhqzqA6
- Jim Thome wants to be remembered in Cooperstown with the block “C” for Cleveland.
- There are lots of arbitration hearings this year.
As of right now, there will be 27 arbitration hearings this year (some will likely settle beforehand). The last time there were over 15 arbitration hearings was 1994 — the year of the strike.— Robert Murray (@RobertMurrayFRS) February 2, 2018
- Craig Edwards of Fangraphs talked about the possibility of the MLB payroll decreasing this year.
- The Huskies take on the Arizona Wildcats tomorrow night at 7:30 PM.