I wasted a whole day on Fortnite today. I had avoided playing the game until today, when I finally caved in. Five hours later, it was 1:30 AM and I still wasn’t good at Fortnite. Live and learn I guess. Even when video games have me down, at least I can rest easy knowing that the morning will greet me with professional baseball players playing baseball.
In Mariners News...
- Mitch Haniger has a sore hand and won’t play for a few days.
Mitch Haniger has a sore hand from taking BP. He's not going to play in games for a handful of days.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) February 24, 2018
- There’s a reason the Mariners are being extra cautious with the Haniger hand injury.
Servais admitted that because of the previous hand injury to Ryon Healy that he may be overreacting a little with Haniger's hand soreness, but he doesn't want to take any chances.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) February 24, 2018
- Former Mariner Oliver Perez signed with the Reds.
- Dee Gordon caught a fly ball. We all knew he would be a natural in center.
Dee Gordon walked up to Mike Leake and hugged him in the clubhouse and said, "Mike, thank you for getting me first big league flyball in center field."— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) February 24, 2018
- Mariners’ prospect Evan White flashed some leather at first base.
- Braden Bishop notched his first hit of spring training.
There have been so many positive stories both on & off the field at #Mariners Spring Training, but definitely rooting for @bradenbishop7 & his campaign to find a cure for Alzheimer’s! Congrats on your first ML Spring Training hit Braden! Keep it going! #Knocks4Mom #Hits2EndALZ pic.twitter.com/PcQwGV3sEw— Kelly Munro (@kmunro1) February 24, 2018
- John Andreoli also flaunted his defensive prowess in left field.
Around the League...
- This is very sad.
Today is Penelope Fernandez’s first bday. Happy birthday. I promise to be in your life always. Your father, Jose, loved and loves you and is watching you every day. May your life be a blessing to all.— David P. Samson (@DavidPSamson) February 24, 2018
- Ivan Rodriguez and his son have similar smiles.
- Javy Baez is way too fun.
- Shohei Ohtani pitched for the Angels today, and looked good aside from surrendering a home run.
Shohei Ohtani with two strikeouts in his first inning of the spring pic.twitter.com/eTCx2zaeer— Starting 9 (@Starting9) February 24, 2018
- Eric Longenhagen broke down Ohtani’s Angels debut.
- Rays prospect Brent Honeywell will undergo Tommy John surgery.
- Joe DeMers, a junior pitcher at the University of Washington, threw the fifth perfect game in conference history yesterday.
- Speaking of the Huskies, I will be calling tomorrow’s Husky Baseball game tomorrow at 12:00 PM.
- Speaking again of the Huskies, Naz Carter dunked his way into the Sports Center Top 10 plays last night.