A lot of college baseball teams had their first games last night, which is indescribably exciting. Mariners baseball is right around the corner, friends. I don’t think I will sleep between now and opening day.
In Mariners News...
- Ryan Garton is a couple weeks away from throwing off a mound as he’s recovering from a hip injury.
Reliever Ryan Garton had offseason hip surgery to repair labrum issue. He is a few weeks out from throwing off a mound.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) February 16, 2018
- Sam Moll is capable of starting, but is viewed as a reliever for the time being.
Servais said lefty Sam Moll, who was claimed from A's this winter, is capable of being a swing guy who can start if needed, but will be viewed as a reliever at this point in camp.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) February 16, 2018
- Ryon Healy could start taking grounders in the next two weeks.
Ryon Healy is expected to rejoin the Mariners on Monday following his hand surgery. Mariners are hoping he can get out of the field and take groundballs about 10-12 days post surgery.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) February 16, 2018
- Ryan Divish with the Art Warren and Lookout Landing shoutout.
- Take a virtual tour of Peoria Sports Complex.
- The Mariners are favorites to sign international prospect Noelvi Marte.
- Michael Marjama teamed up with Alvin Davis.
Learning from Alvin Davis aka Mr. Mariner!— Michael Marjama (@MMarjama) February 16, 2018
‘The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The willingness to learn is a choice.’
Humbling to learn from one of the many @Mariners greats! #mariners #seattle #MLB pic.twitter.com/uHDinZlsJp
- Edwin Diaz and Juan Nicasio threw bullpens next to each other today.
Around the League...
- Former Mariner Jason Vargas might be headed to the Mets.
Sources: Mets and Jason Vargas have a deal pending physical— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) February 16, 2018
- Tom Brady is not only the greatest quarterback of all time, but he’s also a trainer?
Hanley Ramirez says he lost 15 pounds following Tom Brady’s workout routine— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) February 16, 2018
- Former Mariners James Jones putting in work on the mound.
- Edinson Volquez is a Ranger.
The #Rangers sign Edinson Volquez to 2-year minor league contract as he recovers from Tommy John surgery this year— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) February 16, 2018
- Check out what David Freese had to say about the Pirates.
- Prospects 1500 rated their top five International Prospects for 2018.
- The Marlins are getting sued.
BREAKING: Miami-Dade County is suing the Jeffrey Loria ownership group AND the Marlins franchise itself to recover profit-sharing dollars, per Commish Martinez.— Doug Hanks (@doug_hanks) February 16, 2018
- The Cardinals signed Jason Motte.
Cardinals sign Jason Motte to a minor-league deal https://t.co/xRCdvRdlWP— HardballTalk (@HardballTalk) February 17, 2018
- The Husky Baseball team got their first win of the season last night. Stevie Emanuels, a freshman from Interlake High School, was the winning pitcher in his college debut. Go Huskies and go KingCo 3A!