Good morning everyone and happy Monday! Spring training begins this week, get hyped! Here are some links to get your day going.
In Mariners news...
- Looks a little too strong if you ask me...
There seem to be so many @MLB fans and analysts wondering how strong our team will be this year.. Well I can tell you first hand, we have dudes breaking through Cinder Block Walls!! I’m no expert but that’s pretty dang strong @Mariners #MLB #SpringTraining #Mariners #Seattle pic.twitter.com/XVmRH8VOlX— Michael Marjama (@MMarjama) February 11, 2018
- If you’re in the area, make sure to catch Nellie and Billy Hamilton!
Save the date, hope to see you there. pic.twitter.com/hfyoZM0dP6— Nelson Cruz (@ncboomstick23) February 11, 2018
Around the league...
- It’s so weird to me how pitchers have suddenly become surgery-averse.
Zack Wheeler told the New York Post he has spent the last six months injecting a bone growth drug into his stomach, daily, in an attempt to prevent injury.— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) February 12, 2018
But yes the Mets definitely have enough starting pitching depth.
- The Cubs and Yu Darvish are a match made in heaven according to Travis Sawchik.
- There’s nothing Ichiro can’t do!
At an int. soccer exhibition at Aloha Stadium between Hokkaido and Vancouver. Named after Ichiro? Actually Ichiro? Neither would surprise me. pic.twitter.com/nNcu6Gx5Qw— Seth Kolloen (@SethKolloen) February 11, 2018
- The Brewers are reportedly going hard after a starting pitcher of some sort to complete their club.
- The Rays have a couple of pitchers they could deal to teams that need them as we get to spring training. DRaysBay wonders what the team could fetch in return for some of them.
- The Cubs gave one last call to Jake Arrieta before ultimately signing Darvish instead.
- If talks with J.D. Martinez fall through, the Red Sox are prepared to go after Logan Morrison.