I’m looking for a new show to waste time with. My roommates are watching Parks and Rec. Do you recommend that show? What other shows do you recommend?
In Mariners News...
- Would the Mariners be one of these teams?
If Jake Arrieta ever gets to point where he defers pursuit of long-term deal in this slow market, there are teams very interested in discussing high-salary short-term deal with him.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) February 9, 2018
- Jay Jaffe explains why the Mariners should spend to contend.
- Mike Marjama has a new truck.
Dat New New Anyone ready to tear up some of the Arizona sand dunes and back roads???#Raptor #FordRaptor #OffRoad #OffRoading #Mariners #TruckLife #Beast #MonsterTruck #BigWheel #ford pic.twitter.com/ulcf8AYMzi— Michael Marjama (@MMarjama) February 9, 2018
- The Mariners were listed as a fit if J.D. Martinez is done with the Red Sox.
- Former Mariner Seth Frankoff also is a curler.
- Dr. Lorena Martin is speaking at the SABR Analytics Conference.
We’re excited to welcome Seattle @Mariners Director of High Performance Dr. Lorena Martin as a featured speaker at 2018 #SABRanalytics Conference. Hope you’ll join us! https://t.co/x9HRnFzQQ8 pic.twitter.com/ZDnKnwo4vG— SABR (@sabr) February 9, 2018
- The Mariners are having another Women in Baseball Panel this year.
Just got a presale email for the 2018 Mariners Women in Baseball panel. This was one of my favorite events last year, and I'm SO glad it's coming back.— Brittney Bollay (@BrittneyBush) February 9, 2018
- Taylor Motter is cutting (at least some of) the flow.
Can’t remember the last time I’ve been here. Getting clean for Spring training ♀️ ♂️ pic.twitter.com/HhtcKHjKdA— Taylor Motter (@taylormotter7) February 9, 2018
- Here are a couple dates to add to your calendar.
Add some Pop! to your collection. Two big bats have just been added to the special events calendar—June 2nd vs. Rays and September 29th vs. Rangers, presented by @originalfunko.— Mariners (@Mariners) February 9, 2018
️ https://t.co/AB0OtH4kjC pic.twitter.com/IbmWng8baJ
- Daniel Meyer is heading back home to work in the front office for the Red Sox.
Bit of news: today was my last day as a #MariNERD, later this month I'll be heading to Boston to join the FO of my hometown @RedSox. Huge thank you to everyone with the @Mariners org, it has been an absolute blast and I can't wait for this next chapter #GoMs #GoSox #RedSoxNation— Daniel Meyer (@dtrain_meyer) February 10, 2018
- The Mariners outfield made history last year.
Looked at the projected outfielders for the #Mariners. No team in MLB history had three rookies start at least 95 games in the outfield before Ben Gamel, Guillermo Heredia and Mitch Haniger did in 2017 https://t.co/uPDUB5Y2Ac— TJ Cotterill (@TJCotterill) February 10, 2018
Around the League...
- This is cool.
HAPPY BDAY ALTA WEISS! Pitched @MiLB & @MLB venues. Semipro debut gave up only 4 hits & 1 run in 5 IP. Special trains were run when she pitched due to the large crowds. Used $ earned playing for med school. Only female in her class. Even as a doc she played into the 1920s pic.twitter.com/W91vt2IjQm— WomenBelongBaseball (@womenbaseball1) February 9, 2018
- Derek Holland is signing with the Giants.
Source confirms: Giants in agreement on deal with Derek Holland. @Evan_P_Grant first.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) February 9, 2018
- Shohei Ohtani is in Arizona and will meet with the press on Wednesday.
- Scott Boras thinks fans should pay less to watch two teams that aren't good.
Scott Boras says if #MLB teams can charge extra for high-profile matchups, fans should demand lower ticket prices for games featuring two tanking clubs. "It will be like military day: Come see the two tanks,'' he says.— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) February 9, 2018
- Garfield’s recent win over Rainier Beach makes Brandon Roy 51-0 as a high school basketball head coach.
51-0 = Brandon Roy as a HS head Coach now— LeftCoastRecruiting (@LC_Recruiting) February 10, 2018