Good morning folks and happy Thursday! We’ve got a pretty light dose of links for you this morning, check it out.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners are planning to extend the protective netting at Safeco Field for the 2018 season.
- Hmmm...Nelson Cruz is taking grounders at first base?
Around the league...
- Eno Sarris is the latest Fangraphs writer who will be departing the site.
- Mookie Betts won his arbitration case against the Red Sox in what was a big victory for players around the country.
- Players have stopped trying to bunt for hits, notes ESPN’s Sam Miller.
- Vlad Guerrero will be best remembered for his eccentric style of play, writes Jeff Sullivan.
- The Pirates acquired left-handed reliever Josh Smoker from the Mets.
- New Red Sox manager Alex Cora recently took a trip down to Puerto Rico to provide hurricane relief.
- Whitney McIntosh thinks its about time the Indians changed their team’s name. She offers some possible alternatives.
- Former Mariner Milton Bradley is a suspect in yet another domestic abuse investigation.
- LeBron James is reportedly considering a move to Golden State to play with the already-stacked Warriors after his contract is up this season.