Good morning everyone! The M’s appear to be ready to slow down after a flurry of moves yesterday. We’ve got a lot to digest, but here’s what you need to know today.
In Mariners news...
- The Jean Segura return makes some sense when you consider there was nobody else who could conceivably want him other than the Phillies, writes Jeff Sullivan.
- I wonder how long they’ll last.
From when Jerry Dipoto took over as #Mariners GM on Sept. 28, 2015, there are now two players left on the 40-man roster, Felix Hernandez and Kyle Seager. But check back tomorrow.— Larry Stone (@StoneLarry) December 3, 2018
- Edwin Díaz and Robinson Canó thanked the fans for their times in Seattle.
I am grateful to the @Mariners organization for giving me the opportunity to start my career with them and for all those who believed in me. Many thanks to my coaches and my teammates. Seattle fans, thank you very much for supporting me. Blessings to all. #Grateful #ThankYouAll pic.twitter.com/Y92mdH0iWP— Edwin Diaz (@EdiDiaz44) December 3, 2018
I want to thank the Seattle Mariners organization, the city of Seattle, & the fans who are some of the best in our game. 5 years ago, you welcomed me to your city and embraced me from day one. Playing for you was a privilege, & I’m grateful for your support throughout the years. pic.twitter.com/6PduRRv0aG— Robinson Cano (@RobinsonCano) December 3, 2018
- Jarred Kelenic seems excited to join the Mariners.
What’s up Seattle!? #MarinerNation pic.twitter.com/eelTKQcQQ2— Jarred Kelenic (@JKelenic_1019) December 3, 2018
- And here’s Justin Dunn on the trade.
Justin Dunn shared his thoughts and emotions after learning he was traded to the @Mariners and also discusses his strong 2018 campaign: https://t.co/6GNu1f9P0N pic.twitter.com/vOURre6yey— MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) December 4, 2018
- Corey Brock at The Athletic breaks down where the M’s stand after their recent moves. ($)
- Grant Brisbee sees the logic behind the Mariners’ rebuild.
- Marc W at U.S.S. Mariner provided some quick thoughts on the Mets deal.
- Here’s Jonathan Mayo’s scouting report on the trio of players the M’s got from the Mets.
Here's @JonathanMayo on the trio of @Mets prospects - including former #MLBDraft first rounders Jarred Kelenic & Justin Dunn - the @Mariners are set to receive in the Cano/Diaz deal. pic.twitter.com/x7U9WDEN0N— MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) December 2, 2018
- Congratulations to the Rowland-Smith family!
In more positive news today...— Ryan Rowland-Smith (@hyphen18) December 3, 2018
I would like to introduce you all to my new son...
Lennox David Rowland-Smith born early Sunday morning!
Go @Mariners pic.twitter.com/O7zb4ltBMB
Around the league...
- Nick Martinez might try coming back to the big leagues.
Former #Rangers RHP Nick Martinez is a free agent drawing major-league interest after spending last season with the Nippon Ham Fighters in Japan. Made 25 starts for the Fighters, posting a 3.51 ERA in 161 2/3 innings.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 3, 2018
- This should come as little surprise...
#Dodgers announce that they have signed manager Dave Roberts to a 4-yr contract thru 2022.— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) December 3, 2018