Dan Altavilla showed us all what his arm is capable of off the field.
Hole in one a different way ♂️ pic.twitter.com/ia6RxZnXE3— Dan Altavilla (@DanAlt3225) December 29, 2018
I wonder how long it would take me to repeat that shot if I tried ut 100 times every day starting on New Years’ Day. I kind of think I would never make it.
Nevertheless, join me for the second to last links of 2018.
In Mariners News...
- MLB.com chose this play as the best defensive play for the M’s in 2018. Do you agree?
- Julio Rodriguez’ birthday was yesterday.
Around the League...
- Somehow James Paxton’s no-hitter isn’t on this list.
2018 was full of dominant performances. Which one takes the cake? pic.twitter.com/NOKCdfOyUY— MLB (@MLB) December 30, 2018
- Here are 10 impressive MLB debuts made by pitchers last season.
- What do you think of this suggestion to combat the declining number of pitchers qualifying for the ERA title.
An interesting suggestion. I would take it slightly a different way. Take the average IP of the top 30 pitchers in innings (or 28 for 28 team-leagues and 16 for 16 team-leagues). Then take a fraction of that (for purposes of illustration, 75%). That's the threshold. https://t.co/zLNJB6BmcR— Tangotiger (@tangotiger) December 30, 2018
- Yusei Kikuchi has to decide which club he will sign with by January 3rd.
- The Angels DFA’d Austin Brice to make room for Jonathan Lucroy.
- Ryan Spaeder is collecting hypothetical Hall of Fame ballots from former major leaguers.
- This chart compares Ryan Spaeder’s ballots from former players to Ryan Thibodaux’s ballot tracker.
- Alabama and Clemson will square off in the National Championship.