Good morning folks! As we’re passing through the bulk of the holiday season, the back-to-the-old-grind of life continues on. Here are some stories to get you through your day.
In Mariners news...
- Wow, this is super cool.
- It looks like we’ve got a new coach in the organization.
Very excited to be the new @Mariners Pitching Coordinator. It’s already been great working w everyone so far. Its not easy leaving the Indians- an absolute first class organization w many of my friends but I’m very grateful and proud to be apart of the Ms Fam!#OurPeopleOurProcess pic.twitter.com/uJF5SmjbY0— Max Weiner (@TheArmFarm) December 26, 2018
- Get yourself a new phone background.
- Eric Stephen is pretty confident that, whether or not Edgar Martínez gets voted into the Hall of Fame this coming January, he’ll be a Hall of Famer one way or another.
Around the league...
- The Padres are looking like a real threat to land Corey Kluber.
- The MLB Trade Rumors staff looks for a trade partner for the Tigers for Nicholas Castellanos.
- Christina Kahrl at ESPN finds five impressive stats for hitters on the Hall of fame ballot.
- Brew Crew Ball breaks down Noah Zavolas, the pitching prospect the Brewers got in return for Domingo Santana.
- A little self promoting here...Corey Brock at The Athletic told the story of my baseball broadcasting career and where I’m going from here. ($)
- Things got a little crazy at the Cheez-It Bowl last night.