Good morning everyone! While many of you are off from work today, others are still chuggin’ along. For all of you, we’ve got some stories to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- Nothing new on this front. It seems like things may have slowed down for the holiday weekend.
Around the league...
- The Yankees are taking a look at the market for young infielder Miguel Andújar.
- While every voter who has announced a Hall of Fame ballot so far has included Mariano Rivera, one voter will not vote this year because he would not include the star closer on his ballot.
- The A’s have agreed to a two-year deal for Mike Fiers.
- Gordon Wittenmyer at The Chicago Sun-Times reports on the latest between Bryce Harper and the Cubs.
- Anthony Castrovince considers the Rays use of the “opener” to be revolutionary in baseball.
- Jake Shapiro argues that a new TV deal may be in order if the Rockies want to hang onto Nolan Arenado long-term.
- This kid is absolutely absurd.
And every Mavs fan shouted Halleluka. pic.twitter.com/cBKM9SKnhp— Dallas Mavericks (@dallasmavs) December 24, 2018
- And here’s a not-so-great basketball play...
The pinnacle of basketball.pic.twitter.com/ApPxXXiDhX— Sporting News (@sportingnews) December 24, 2018