Friday was a weird day for Mariners fans. Dr. Lorena Martin filed a wrongful termination law-suit against the Mariners. John and Tim provided some insight on the suit. TJ Cotterill wrote about it as well.
Lorena Martin has filed a wrongful-termination lawsuit against the #Mariners. It also alleges Jerry Dipoto and Scott Servais undermined Felix Hernandez and called him lazy. https://t.co/PKvPooRRWI— TJ Cotterill (@TJCotterill) December 21, 2018
A bit later, news broke that the Mariners traded Ben Games and Noah Zavolas for Domingo Santana.
Welcome to Seattle, Domingo Santana!— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) December 22, 2018
The Mariners have acquired the outfielder from the Brewers in exchange for OF Ben Gamel and minor league RHP Noah Zavolas.
Read more about the hectic day in Mariners baseball as well as other news from around the league below.
In Mariners News...
- Here’s the Seattle Times breakdown of the Dr. Lorena Martin lawsuit.
- Dan Szymborski offered some analysis of the Mariners’ most recent move.
- The Moose rocked an Alaska Airlines themed ugly sweater.
Can't wait to board @AlaskaAir early today. Now I just need to book a flight! ✈ #UglySweaterDay #iFlyAlaska pic.twitter.com/4s2KppEvDQ— Mariner Moose (@MarinerMoose) December 21, 2018
- Jarred Kelenic got his Seattle on.
The bat gets a lot of attention, but @JKelenic_1019 can make a good grab, too.— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) December 21, 2018
All part of a day out in Seattle for one of the newest Mariners prospects. pic.twitter.com/NJqGz0jfvY
- Ian Miller was featured on Sports Center’s top 10 plays.
Shoutout to Mariners prospect Ian Miller @8rellimnai for making the #SCtop10 tonight with his excellent diving grab for @clubtomateros pic.twitter.com/3f5JUBz4xe— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) December 21, 2018
Around the League...
- Several teams across the league made trades today.
Full trade, sources tell Yahoo Sports:— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) December 21, 2018
Oakland gets: Jurickson Profar
Texas gets: Brock Burke, Eli White, Kyle Bird, Yoel Espinal, international $
Tampa Bay gets: 38th pick in 2019 draft, Emilio Pagan, Rollie Lacy
The Los Angeles Dodgers today acquired minor league IF Jeter Downs, minor league RHP Josiah Gray and RHP Homer Bailey from the Cincinnati Reds in exchange for C/IF Kyle Farmer, outfielders Matt Kemp and Yasiel Puig, LHP Alex Wood and cash considerations.— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) December 21, 2018
- Here are the details of Andrew Miller’s deal with the Cardinals.
Andrew Miller’s deal with #STLCards, per source: Two years, $25M, plus vesting option, full no-trade clause. Option worth $12M, vests at 110 games combined in 2019-20. Incentives: $500K per year based on appearances. Breakdown: $11M in 2019, $11.5M in ‘20, $2.5M buyout on option.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 21, 2018
- The Yankees signed a couple minor league deals today.
Yankees announce they’ve signed LH relievers Danny Coulombe and Rex Brothers to minor league contracts.— Lindsey Adler (@lindseyadler) December 21, 2018
- Eric Sogard signed with the Blue Jays.
#BlueJays in agreement with free-agent infielder Eric Sogard on minor-league deal with invite to Spring Training, sources tell The Athletic.— Robert Murray (@ByRobertMurray) December 21, 2018
- Baseball America released a 2019 Mock Draft ($).
- Baseball America also broke down how each Rule 5 selection will fit with their new teams ($).
- The Angels signed Matt Harvey. They also are done asking for starting pitching.
#Angels GM Billy Eppler didn't say it specifically, but it sounds like they are done adding starting pitching this offseason after signing Harvey and Cahill this week— Rhett Bollinger (@RhettBollinger) December 22, 2018
- SB Nation honored the brightest sports stars of 2018.