Hello everybody and happy Friday! As the standard work week winds down and you start to think about the holidays, here are some links to get your day going.
In Mariners news...
- Here’s the latest on Edwin Encarnación.
- Jarred Kelenic took a visit to the Seattle Children’s Hospital yesterday.
What an awesome time listening to my guy Cameron on the piano! pic.twitter.com/68ZvGDCHaV— Jarred Kelenic (@JKelenic_1019) December 20, 2018
Around the league...
- The Astros heard some bad news yesterday.
Houston #Astos reliever Joe Smith ruptures Achilles’ tendon. He’ll be out 6-8 months— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) December 20, 2018
- Meanwhile, the Angels continue to bolster their pitching corps.
Source: #Angels sign free-agent RHP Trevor Cahill to one year, $9M contract. Incentives can push it to $10.5M.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 20, 2018
- The Mariners won’t be the only team in the division with a weak rotation.
The A’s, on the other hand, have about $20 million and this is their rotation depth chart— Eno Sarris (@enosarris) December 20, 2018
2) some dude
4) Opener/Jharel Cotton
5) Opener/Daniel Mengden
good thing they have some young arms on their way in, but they do need to get to those arms somehow.
- The Rockies have found their second baseman.
Daniel Murphy is in agreement with the Colorado Rockies on a two-year, $24 million deal, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) December 20, 2018
- The Nationals have agreed to a two-year deal with Anibal Sanchez with an option for a third year.
- The Brewers will bring Cory Spangenberg aboard on a one-year Major League deal.
- The University of Washington men’s basketball team landed a commitment from the former 5-star recruit at point guard.
Kentucky transfer Quade Green tells ESPN he has committed to Washington.— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) December 20, 2018
Huge pickup for Mike Hopkins.
- This is pretty funny.