Hello everybody and happy Wednesday! Here are some stories to get your day going.
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic takes a look at Wade LeBlanc’s schooling journey that led to him earning his undergraduate degree from the University of Alabama this winter. ($)
- In case you haven’t been keeping up with the Mariners’ minor league happenings...
Updated list of M’s minor league signings, releases, retirements & Rule 5 losses. pic.twitter.com/CWmacZ2u8O— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) December 18, 2018
Around the league...
- Erasmo will soon have a new home.
Source: RHP Erasmo Ramirez is nearing a minor league deal with the Red Sox. Agreement is expected to include an invite to big league camp.— Jesse Sanchez (@JesseSanchezMLB) December 18, 2018
- That’s an interesting trade clause.
Lance Lynn deal with #Rangers: $4M signing bonus. $8M in 2019. $10M in 2020. $8M in 2021. Plus: $100K if traded to LAA, LAD, AZ, COL, SD, OAK, SF, SEA (can be paid only once).— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 18, 2018
- The Twins have announced that they will retire Joe Mauer’s number this season.
- Carlos Beltrán will join the Yankees front office.
- Some news on a former Mariners prospect...
Minor-league transaction: Red released D.J. Peterson at his request so he could pursue other opportunities— C. Trent Rosecrans (@ctrent) December 18, 2018
- Oh dear...
Harold Reynolds didn’t believe home runs were factored into slugging…… pic.twitter.com/cbcjEdI0nX— Dodger Talk (@Kershizer77) December 18, 2018
- This is huge news.
Sources: Cuba and MLB reach an agreement by 2019 and Cuban baseball players will be able to sign with MLB from the island without having to emigrate: https://t.co/arNuhVLKgT @Enrique_Rojas1 @Ken_Rosenthal @billjamesonline @SieraSantos @TheAthleticMLB— Francys Romero (@FrancysRomero10) December 18, 2018
- Matt Harvey has found a landing spot. He’ll make $11M over one year.
Source: Matt Harvey has agreed to a deal with the Angels.— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) December 19, 2018
- David Schoenfield wonders which team could most use J.T. Realmuto’s services.
- Robert Andrew Powell at The Athletic investigated the story of Mike Piazza’s relationship with an Italian soccer team, which ended in flames. ($)