Good morning everybody! I hope your week is off to a roaring start. Here are some links to get this day started for you.
In Mainers news...
- Another Julio video for your enjoyment.
- Gabe Lacques at USA Today argues that the Mariners should sign Bryce Harper.
- Jason Churchill at Prospect Insider is not concerned with the Mariners farm system rankings.
Around the league...
- This is awesome!
We're proud to reveal the six members of the Women's Advisory Panel, who will set the framework for the Women's Australian Baseball League!#WABL— Brut® Australian Baseball League (@ABL) December 17, 2018
FULL STORY: https://t.co/ErreZUr4Tw pic.twitter.com/Li7jsKPRyD
- I didn’t realize sinkers were so ineffective lately.
AVG pVAL by pitch type when thrown over 250 times:— Alex Fast (@AlexFast8) December 17, 2018
Change Up: 2.0
Stop. Throwing. Sinkers.
- The Mets machine keeps on churning.
- And the Astros continue to get better.
#Astros closing in on free-agent outfielder Michael Brantley, sources tell The Athletic. Rival executives expect deal to be in two-year, $32M range.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 17, 2018
- Sheryl Ring at Fangraphs wonders what would happen if Kyler Murray played football.
- Eric Stephen at SB Nation got an inside look at what it’s like to job hunt at the Winter Meetings (like I did last week!)
- The Pirates are taking a look at Troy Tulowitzki.
- CC Sabathia received his bonus even though he fell just short of the innings mark he needed to qualify because he was ejected.
- Sheesh, that’s a great move.