Good morning everybody! It’s good to be back on the beat. A huge shout out the rest of the Lookout Landing staff for covering the links in my absence. They did a fantastic job. But we’re back at it here on this Monday morning, so here are some stories to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- Baseball America says that the Mariners’ newest rebuild hinges on Jarred Kelenic. ($)
Around the league...
- Just as you asked for: your up-to-the-minute Yusei Kikuchi update.
- Matt Adams will be heading back to Washington.
Matt Adams has agreed to a one-year, $4 million deal with the Washington Nationals, sources tell Yahoo Sports. @Ken_Rosenthal had the agreement first.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) December 15, 2018
- Dexter Fowler was in a dark place last year, but the Cardinals’ faith in him helped him through it.
- The White Sox will advance cautiously with top prospect Eloy Jimenez following a quad injury for the outfielder.
- The Mets officially moved on from the expensive J.T. Realmuto sweepstakes by agreeing to a multi-year deal with Wilson Ramos.