In Mariners news..
- Scott Servais has addressed the comments made earlier this offseason by Dr. Lorena Martin.
- Ryan Divish gives his thoughts from the winter meetings.
- Evan White headlines the list of Mariners’ organizational All-Stars.
- There have been more than a few suitors for Carlos Santana, if the rumors are to be believed.
#Rays continue to explore multiple opportunities. Among them, per sources: Free-agent RHP Charlie Morton, DH Nelson Cruz, even a trade for #Mariners’ Carlos Santana (though finances would make it difficult). Active club.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 11, 2018
- Some unsurprising but helpful insight on where Mariners prospects will begin 2019.
The expectation for the Mariners is that talented teenage prospects Julio Rodriguez and Jarred Kelenic will start the season with the @wv_power— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) December 12, 2018
Evan White, Kyle Lewis, Justin Dunn, Jake Fraley, Dom Thompson-Williams will be with the @ARTravs to start the season
Around the league...
- The Phillies have signed Andrew McCutchen.
Sources: Phillies are in agreement with Andrew McCutchen, pending a physical.— Matt Gelb (@MattGelb) December 11, 2018
- The Blue Jays have cut Troy Tulowitzki.
- Chris Herrmann has signed with the Athletics.
- Speaking of Athletics... yikes.
- The Orioles have hired a new manager.
- A myriad of teams have spoken with Nelson Cruz, but it’s down to the Twins and the Rays, apparently. Or is it?
- The White Sox traded for Iván Nova from the Pirates
- The Rays’ stadium plans have apparently burned out.
- Former Mariner alert at the winter meetings!
Well, this is awesome. In 2005, the Giants traded Jerome Williams and David Aardsma to the Cubs for LaTroy Hawkins. They’d never been at the same place at the same time. Until last night, when they realized they were all at the same bar on the Mandalay Bay casino floor. pic.twitter.com/rpwf3GqZu4— Andrew Baggarly (@extrabaggs) December 11, 2018