Good morning everyone and happy Friday! Here are some links to get your day going.
In Mariners news...
- Mallex was a great sport about his short tenure with the Mariners last time. Good to see his sense of humor about it has continued.
Mallex Smith clearly in a good move. Joked that he was guaranteed at least 78 minutes this time with the Mariners. "They made a mistake and wanted me back! (laughed) No, they want me and I really appreciate that."— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) November 8, 2018
- Jeff Sullivan at Fangraphs provided his thoughts on the Mike Zunino trade.
- Luke Arkins at Prospect Insider believes the Zunino trade signals the Mariners’ intentions to rebuild.
- Good to see that Chuck Taylor is coming back!
Some Mariners minor league news: OF Chuck Taylor re-signed with the M's instead of pursuing MiLB free agency. Fan favorite for @ARTravs stays in the system after 2 productive years in Double-A slashing .286/.373/.386 over 248 games.— Steven Davis (@StevenDavispxp) November 8, 2018
Around the league...
- The Dodgers reportedly plan to stay under the luxury tax threshold for at least the next four years.
- Wow, this is incredible.
- Tropicana’d...even though they’re not at Tropicana.
Juan Soto literally hit the roof in the Tokyo Dome for the MLB All-Stars in Japan early this morning! pic.twitter.com/4oZODW3zRI— Potomac Nationals (@PNats42) November 8, 2018
- Rob Manfred is expected to receive a five-year extension to stay in his role as commissioner.
- Lauren Comitor at The Athletic discussed possible ways that the Cubs can help in the Addison Russell investigation. ($)
- The Silver Slugger awards were announced, and J.D. Martinez somehow won two.
- More Star Wars content!