Good morning readers. I hope you all voted in the mid-term elections. I also hope you elect to click on these links.
In Mariners News...
- Yeah ok, sure, Mr. National Baseball Writer.
Sources: The Mariners are considering a full-fledged teardown this winter. If trade market is strong, they’ve told teams they’re willing to move just about anyone. And if that happens, they have indicated they’re willing to wait a few years to build a competitive team again.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) November 6, 2018
Multiple baseball sources have said that the Mariners will be willing to trade multiple players on the roster in an effort to infuse young talent and start culling a roster bloated with payroll. James Paxton could be the most likely to moved. https://t.co/ICcJMHPVAP pic.twitter.com/r8cMC9oyvR— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) November 6, 2018
- It’s Gonzales but ok.
Sounds now like Mariners intend to hold onto Haniger, Diaz and Gonzalez. Word is: “Everyone else is up for grabs.”— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) November 6, 2018
- I’m going for a walk.
Source: #Mariners have pretty high early asking price for James Paxton, which is expected since he’s their ace. #Yankees still believe they could get Paxton, if the organization decides to try to acquire him, at lower price than what’s being asked. NYY has options.— Max Wildstein (@MaxWildstein) November 6, 2018
- I am now re-imagining what this entire offseason will look like.
#Mariners GM Jerry Dipoto confirmed today that he's interested in "re-imagining" the team's roster but not tearing "down to the studs." Translation: They will listen to trade offers for their veteran players. @MLB @MLBNetwork— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) November 7, 2018
- Oh yeah, the Mariners also have a new pitching coach.
Around the League
- CC Sabathia has secured the bag one more time.
Sabathia 1-yr, $8M deal is complete pending physical. #Yankees will hope Sabathia can give another solid 150IP and, at worst, perhaps tag-team a season with Jordan Montgomery who should be able to return from Tommy John surgery around midseason— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) November 6, 2018
- The Giants hired former Dodgers’ GM Farhan Zaidi to be the newest head of baseball operations in San Francisco.
- In addition to Zaidi dipping, and third base coach Chris Woodward taking over as the Rangers’ manager, hitting coach Turner Ward is also leaving the Dodgers. Someone check on Yasiel Puig.
Now that hitting coach Turner Ward is headed to Cincinnati, let’s remember the kisses he and Yasiel Puig shared in their three magical years in Los Angeles https://t.co/Zo7nwWwmID— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) November 7, 2018
- The 2019 Astros will be without pitcher Lance McCullers.
Lance McCullers Jr. will miss the 2019 season after undergoing Tommy John surgery today. He pitched through a forearm/elbow issue late in September and into October.— Jake Kaplan (@jakemkaplan) November 6, 2018
- A whole mess of minor leaguers, including Hisashi Iwakuma, became free agents yesterday.
- Tell us how you REALLY feel.
Cashman flat out said Sonny Gray can't pitch in New York and that he's not going to keep trying to fix him when it's clearly not going to happen. That's why a trade is happening. Cashman wouldn't pinpoint why he thought Gray couldn't pitch in NYC. #Yankees— Brendan Kuty (@BrendanKutyNJ) November 6, 2018
- John Mayer paid tribute to the late Mac Miller with this touching cover of “Small Worlds” at the rapper’s celebration of life.