Good morning everybody! Happy Tuesday! And happy Election Day to everyone as well; make sure to find some time today to go out and vote if you haven’t done so already (find your polling place and its hours here if you don’t know already).
Once you’ve done that, indulge yourself in some of our wonderful links.
In Mariners news...
- Sheryl Ring at Fangraphs talked about the odd extension that Marco Gonzales signed with the M’s.
Around the league...
- Bartolo Colón is planning to pitch again in 2019.
- The White Sox are apparently considering pursuits of both Manny Machado and Bryce Harper, although it’s of course very unlikely they’ll wind up with both.
- One of the things GMs are discussing at this year’s General Manager Meetings is the possibility of eliminating the post-July waiver trades. They would instead move the trade deadline to mid-August or so and make it a hard deadline.
- For those of you who are super into the Mario baseball games like myself, one reddit user tried to figure out how hard Donkey Kong could hit a baseball.
- It is amazing that the Orioles still do not have a GM yet but...
Have heard David Chadd’s name connected as candidate for Orioles gm job. The Tigers assistant gm was known for drafting top prospects for tigers, and before that Red Sox. Drafted Porcello, Pedroia and other key pieces to championships.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) November 5, 2018
- Check out this excerpt from Rob Neyer’s new book about how José Altuve could represent a formula for the future baseball player.
- The Giants are interested in hiring Dodgers GM Farhan Zaidi. You talk about fanning the flames of a rivalry.
- Japanese left-hander Yusei Kikuchi, who is expected to enter the free agent market this offseason, hired Scott Boras as his agent.
- The Hall of Fame announced its list of players who will be up for election in the Today’s Game era ballot, which is separate from the regular Hall of Fame ballot. Lou Piniella is included on this ballot.
- Major League Baseball announced its three finalists for each of its major awards.
- I think the most incredible thing here is that Steph can make this kind of shot so casually.