Good morning everyone! While we all wait for the Edwin Díaz/Robinson Canó deal to finally be announced, there is plenty to discuss from around the league this morning. Let’s get to it.
In Mariners news...
- With a major trade with the Mets looming, Greg Johns ranked the 10 biggest trades in Mariners history.
Around the league...
- Oooooh that’s nice!
We are thrilled to announce that the Portland Diamond Project has signed an agreement in principle with the Port of Portland to develop the Port’s 45-acre Terminal 2 property. Release: https://t.co/Ddi79kP4i7 #MLBtoPDX pic.twitter.com/B7PvImtXvB— Portland Diamond Project (@PDXDiamondProj) November 29, 2018
- The Padres made an addition to their starting rotation.
Sources: Free agent right-handed Garrett Richards has agreed to a two-year deal with the San Diego Padres. The guarantee is for around $15 million.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) November 29, 2018
- And so did the Rangers.
Edinson Volquez signs $2M deal with rangers, plus many incentives— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) November 30, 2018
- Oh wow.
From someone who attended Patrick Corbin’s recent wedding: “His younger brother gave a best-man speech and at the end took out a Yankees hat and put it on, which elicited a great applause, and said they all hoped that he and Jen would be moving closer to home.”— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) November 30, 2018
- Joel Sherman notes that this bold first trade by new Mets GM Brodie Van Wagenen shows that he’s unafraid to make moves that others may not like.
- Jeff Passan is a fan of the trade as it currently stands.
- In the middle of all this trade hoopla, the Mets have hired Chili Davis to be their hitting coach.
- The Mets are also looking to deal Noah Syndergaard, despite the fact that the trade with the M’s suggests they’re going for it.
- David Schoenfield ranks next winter’s free agent class.
- Former MLB outfielder Jeff Francoeur will be joining the Braves’ broadcast booth and will replace Joe Simpson.
- There’s an interesting and aggressive player in the Dallas Keuchel sweepstakes: The Reds.
- The Angels completed a minor trade, acquiring Tommy La Stella from the Cubs.