Good morning everybody! Due to the holiday weekend, there isn’t a whole lot of news to report to you this morning. I’m sure that will change today and tomorrow, when all of the writers start back up on those pieces they were waiting to write once they got back from the long weekend. Until now, this will have to suffice as you get your day going.
In Mariners news...
- This pretty much confirms what we already knew.
Sources: Mariners continue to indicate to other teams that closer Edwin Diaz and outfielder Mitch Haniger are the closest they have to untouchable; would have to be completely overwhelmed to consider a deal of either.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) November 25, 2018
- Despite just two home runs this summer, Ian Miller is putting on a show this winter.
5 herramientas. ⛏ pic.twitter.com/fZW6yjXy01— Tomateros de Culiacán (@clubtomateros) November 26, 2018
- Another Mariners prospect is impressing this winter!
Around the league...
- It looks like the Angels are trying to get back into the thick of things in a loaded AL West.
Sources: #Angels active in the market for both starters and relievers and have shown interest in free agents Nathan Eovaldi and J.A. Happ, although it’s not clear if they have a strong chance to sign either of them. @MLBNetwork @MLB— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) November 26, 2018
- The Yankees reportedly dangled Justus Sheffield to the Diamondbacks in an attempt to land Paul Goldschmidt.
That last shot— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) November 26, 2018
(via tabletennisdaily/Instagram) pic.twitter.com/tzCCW7Huv0
- Didn’t expect that.