Good morning everyone! Here are some links to get your Friday started.
In Mariners news...
- Well this is a strange time to have Mariners FanFest.
Mariners with a new FanFest approach this year. Will be on March 23-24 after team returns from Japan. Then will play two exhibition games vs Padres in Seattle on March 25-26 ($10 tickets) before home opener vs Red Sox on March 28.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) November 15, 2018
- A roster move!
Around the league...
- Well, looks like the Marlins have rebranded once again.
The Marlins have released a new logo and a new secondary logo: pic.twitter.com/1TkcG1EAMy— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) November 15, 2018
- Top White Sox prospect Michael Kopech opened up about the mental struggles he faced last year in addition to his physical battles.
- Rob Manfred has officially received a contract extension from MLB owners.
- Christian Yelich is the National League MVP!
- And here’s how the American League race broke down.
Mookie Betts wins AL MVP. Mariners' Mitch Haniger was 11th and Edwin Diaz 18th. Here's the full voting. pic.twitter.com/kPSNO3GrJX— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) November 15, 2018
- Mike Trout confirmed incredible.
Top-4 MVP finishes— Paul Hembekides (@PaulHembo) November 15, 2018
Mike Trout (7)
Alex Rodriguez (6)
Joe DiMaggio (6)
Mike Schmidt (5)
Lou Gehrig (5)
Ken Griffey Jr. (4)
Pete Rose (4)
Ernie Banks (4)
Joe Morgan (4)
George Brett (4)
Rickey Henderson (3)
Cal Ripken Jr. (3)
Derek Jeter (3)
Mike Trout is 27.
- The Orioles finally have a GM!
- Despite rumors that MLB viewership ratings are down, the league’s new TV deal with FOX shows they’re doing just fine.
- Jay Jaffe analyzes the Hall of Fame case of Lee Smith in the Today’s Game era ballot.
- Jeff Sullivan at Fangraphs explains his rationale for selecting Justin Verlander for American League Cy Young.
- The Rangers have agreed to a two-year deal with free agent catcher Jeff Mathis.
- Dan Hurley is already making a name for himself at UConn.